Wouldn't it just makes sense for GOD to...

by confusedandalone 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

just one day perform some form of miracle in front of the entire earth in which he proves he exists???

Wouldn't this be the most loving and sensible thing to do? For instance, this coming Thursday God repeatedly strikes Mount Kilamanjaro to the point that it reads in Hebrew, "God Exists, I just did this. Tomorrow I will make make it rain manna in Miami Florida for precisely 3 minutes as proof that I am all powerful and exist and everyone should serve me. P.S. my name is also Yahweh, Thanks and see you all tomorrow"

Why would this be so hard. No doubt such a display would take no time at all and would require far less effort than all the coming plagues and destruction of the earth and governments and pestilences and diseases etc... theere would also be an easy way to weed out the true bad people because anyone who would ignore such a gesture obviously would not care about trying to please god.

After all he "apparently" did these things for thousands of years anyway and spoke to people and made tablets etc...

Just do it one more time, we have cameras and cellphones it would be indisputable.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes. Why is God no longer all powerful and majestic?

Why can he no longer perform miracles?

Doc

There would still be those who think it's a Government prank performed by Hollywood supporters.

(IE, the Moon Landing hoax conspiracies.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Many people would think it was a fake no matter how good the evidence display or miracle. It’s never what happens in the outside world but the inside world. Hence the real evidence for God is always within. The concepts of virtual reality, special effects, brains in a vat, the matrix, and so on make such a display as pointless to many as it ever was. Only to those who make the internal realisation of themselves can lean from such external things as miracles.

• cofty
    cofty

God values our ability to believe in risible things in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary - he calls it faith.

Strange isn't it? If it was me I would value other things like compassion.

Edited to add - I have no idea what Seraphim just said; I don't think Seraphim has either.

• Mum
    Mum

If G-d would send lightning bolts to destroy criminals before they destroyed someone else, if he would cure all of the terminally ill, if he would give all humans an acceptance gene which would make them care about others who are different instead of hating them - these manifestations would restore my faith. The other stuff can be done by David Copperfield.

• wasblind
    wasblind

just one day perform some form of miracle in front of the entire earth in which he proves he exists???____Sosoconfused

Would the birth of of child be miracle enough ? or the sun rise ?

• label licker
    label licker

We will have that oppurtunity when the two witnesses come and then Jesus. The witnesses are in for a rude awakening when they think the great tribulation will be so quick like in a day some feel yet according to Revelations we have three and a half years to get our act together. Remember when society said the two witnesses were them and their stupid conventions? And then they were to be slaughtered and society said instead they were thrown in jail and that's how the preaching work had stopped momentarily? Umm, if you read in Revelations after the two witnesses are killed then comes Harmegeddon. Has that happened yet? NOT!!!!!!!!!

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I know what I said and what it means Cofty.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I'm with you confusedandalone. Why the mystery and space for interpretation and various religions. Just shoot white hot magma up everyone's ass for 60 seconds (or at least simulate it) and while you have everyone's attention just say: hey you bunch of f***ups! I'm going to put a list of requirements for decent human behavior in your pocket. Read it. Act accordingly. Your instructions are the same as everyone else's instructions (very short - love you neighbor as youself). I'll be back next month to check on things. All those who don't decide to get on-board will get more personal attention.

Since he hasn't done this or something similar, I can only conclude he/she/it is not interested or doesn't exist.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Oh that would be too easy.

You are supposed to spend you're whole life wondering blindly through religious ideas and reading page after page of riddles in holy books.

If you can't work it out you don't have enough faith and are a bad person.

Alternatively you could feed the hungry, heal the sick, hold the hand of the bereaved or be a hearing ear to those with mental health problems.

Would it make God sad if we did that instead?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit