Wouldn't it just makes sense for GOD to...

by confusedandalone 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Soseraphim will the time come when GOD will stop all the earthquakes and tsunamis or should we just expect for these tragadies to continue to happen forever? I just want your take on this

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I don’t think the universe will last forever. The earthquakes will stop when the earth dies but humans will be long gone by then I suspect. However the way I look at it is that no one goes through more than 80, more or less years of this life, and no one suffers for two or more people. Our own joy or pain is experienced by us alone and that is the same for anyone who ever lived, and for a limited period of time. People often pick out big disasters as though somehow they are worse than a single death, but the death of an individual is only ever experienced by one, no matter how many or few others die at the same time.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Seraphim I think you may have missed my question or I may have worded it improperly.

Do YOU think the time will come when GOD will stop all the earthquakes and tsunamis and various other natural disasters that take human life, or will he just allow human life to continue as it has for centuries?

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

No I don’t think he will stop the way the world works.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

So until the earth is no longer in existence GOD will continue to allow people to die by means of natural disasters and diseases and at the hands of one another. Might as well just chuck that bible into the fire then

• wasblind
    wasblind

And the birth of a child and a sunset are NATURAL occurences and normal parts of life. NOT miracles. I watched my son being born and it was the most special event in my life. But, it was something that has been happening to people for hundreds of thousands of years. NOT a miracle. It is special, beautiful, amazing, and great - but not a miracle._____Comatose

I respect your view Comatose

As for me, to behold a natural occurence that's special, beautiful , amazin' and great

is nothin' short of miraculous to me

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Well one doesn’t need the bible so yea. It can help though so perhaps it needs to be read before being chucked into a fire.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

SO if God in his bible promises wonderful life when no one will ever die or have to worry about food clothing or shelter and never get sick and play with animals etc... and you say that GOD will not REALLY perform any of these things... then why use the book for anything but kindling?

On the other hand if having faith in GOD is just based upon our own thoughts and personal beliefs about him and not the bible or any other holy book then I have no idea what is going on.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

The bible is a book written by men and so it is going to have all sorts of problems with it, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t have good stuff in it as well. So it is not really Gods book but it may contain things in it that God did that was recorded, albeit not always perfectly, so one has to be very cautious and engage the brain. Certainly it shouldn’t be set up on high as many do, nor binned either. For verifications one has to go outside of the bible, which is why the bible isn’t essential but rather, helpful. So it is not a case of one’s own thoughts by that token either because forms of verification are needed.

• adamah
    adamah

Comatose said-

By the way I hate the watchtowers in depth analysis of kidneys and their symbology. Your eyes see even the kidney of me... Weirdo's. What's this obsession with internal organs and blood and fat about?

You probably are aware of this, but ancient men (including the Divinely-Inspired Hebrews who wrote the Torah) actually believed that humans made decisions with their kidneys: hence "God" the so-called "Intelligent Designer" told them to offer an animal's kidneys when making guilt offerings.

Hmmm, let's see: God is the "Intelligent Designer" who DOESN'T even know the BASIC FUNCTIONALITY of an organ that He is claimed to have intelligently-designed? Instead, God acts like he was just another ignorant ancient man who clung to then-common misbeliefs about physiology, living in a time before science discovered the ACTUAL anatomical roles of human and animal organs.

(Oh, kidneys are actually the organs of filtration, the filters that remove impurites from the bloodstream and the body by formation of urine. The BRAIN's frontal lobes are used to make decisions. Close, but no ceegar).

The belief in the literality of the Bible and Gods has retarded and impeded human progression for over 3,000 yrs now: when will it EVER end? In fact, my FAITH and HOPE in humanity ever waking up to that FACT is rapidly diminishing, esp when reading of sectarian religious wars in Syria, suicide bombers in Afghanistan, etc. It's sheer craziness....

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit