Wouldn't it just makes sense for GOD to...

by confusedandalone 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Would you take a childs ability to run in front of a car away and if so how about an adults?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

God can inject instances of both from outside such a system and does so quite often. - Can you give me proof of when GOD did this just one example

However if God were to do so all the time we would have no freedom. - We have no freedom now according to the bibl. All this stuff I HAVE TO DO TO BE SAVED. I would rather not have freedom and eat grapes under my own vine without having to worry about the "earth swallowing me up"

A parent whose child is allowed out to play knows there is risk involved, but the responsible parents do not attempt to remove the risk by denying the necessary freedom of freedom and never letting them out. - But an intelligent parent lets the child play in a safe environment with as little possibility of getting hurt in the first place.

On a grander cosmic level of God and us, the same is true even to the point of death as God know death is not the end anyway. - Where did God tell you this. Please let's not say the bible, it is the same book that states its kinda ok to kill babies. I can't trust that guy

• Comatose
    Comatose

No I wouldn't. But, when my omniscience showed me that my child was about to be run over and suffer horribly before dying, I would stop the car or my child. God doesn't do that. It's so simple. Any human would do it for their own kid.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

What does the fact that so many posts are devoted to asking why God has not done this or that, tell us? Why God won’t make an appearance, or show some interest in the misery that exists on planet earth for many people?

Silence speaks louder than words, and by now it is patently clear that the idea of God is a failed concept. The idea that an invisible being that controls the universe, and is responsible for its existence and well being, is absurd. The same can be said of a Devil.

Who of us spend hours each week discussing whether President Obhama really exists? Or whether the Queen of England is real, or elephants exist?

If God existed we would not be having this conversation.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

@Comatose come oooooon... God understands that the child getting hit by the car teaches him what free will is all about as he bleeds to death and his broken ribs sink into his own lungs everytime he breaths... For the next 4 minutes he is alive the point will be proven to him how great free will is and he will benefit from that lesson.

Just like those little kids David killed. That 2 year old knew full and well that when he grew up he would try to destroy the israelite nation. So as the child bleed to death on the ground next to its dead mother that 2 year old was taught a lesson he would never forget, JEHOVAH OF ARMIES KNEW WHAT WAS IN HIS HEART.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I can see it now. Okay I'm a believer!

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Confusedandalone I cannot give you proof because proof only applies to mathematics. I can give you evidence however, but you would probably choose any possible interpretation except ones that involve outside supernatural intelligences.

I can’t speak to the silliness of the WTs interpretation of biblical writings with their over literal reading when it comes to sitting under a vine.

Your point about minimum risk is an interesting one. I suspect though that most people would, when thinking a bit deeper than people normally do, about what it would mean to live in a world without any risk at all, would not want to live in such a world. Without lack what would gain mean? Without risk where would bravery and safety fit in? Where would any meaning be in this world if those things were banished? When would parents ever let the control level decrease over their kids if minimum risk is paramount to the exclusion of all other concerns, including the kids growing up to have their own sometime.

When it comes to death not being the end I don’t get that from the bible but other sources of information, like people I know and other sources. Of course if you don’t believe it, that is fine, but I have good reasons for believing myself.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

If you’re omniscient Comatose then you can bring the kid back from death with the added experience such an accident would give the kid if it survived. Death would merely be a learning experience.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Seraphim, So he performs miracles, according to the Bible's multiple miracles, but now you are saying he can not violate his natural laws in a temporary basis, to save 250,000 people. Which is it? Does he or does he not have the capacity to violate his own natural laws in a temporary basis? Typical believer nonsense: "I know how God works. The way I say so"

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I’ve never said he cannot do so. I did say that all those healed got ill again, and all those resurrected died again. Death is the inevitable end to all life in a universe such as the one we live in. All those who died in accidents, disasters, illnesses and so on are no different from the rest of us, who will be dead after a few short years of life. Every generation dies and that is a good thing when you consider what would happen if no one died, but the problem is that human ideas of good and bad are extremely limited and tend not to take into account that this universe is not all there is. We create good and bad but God is beyond those limited partial concepts. Miracles were never meant to solve mankind’s problems but champion hope is something beyond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit