Wouldn't it just makes sense for GOD to...

by confusedandalone 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

I am totally in agreement confused. Isn't it funny that miracles only happened when ignorant barbarian goat herders lived, and now that enlightned humanity is here they have stopped?

And the birth of a child and a sunset are NATURAL occurences and normal parts of life. NOT miracles. I watched my son being born and it was the most special event in my life. But, it was something that has been happening to people for hundreds of thousands of years. NOT a miracle. It is special, beautiful, amazing, and great - but not a miracle.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Miracles do still happen. Witnessed a few myself and I am just one person.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Mental illness is a serious problem. Seek help.

• stillin
    stillin

Well, sure, the exquisitly beautiful and somewhat ordered universe are absolutely wonderful! The miracle of life, and autonomy are something to be grateful about. But all of that gets stirred in with the hubbub of life and shunted off to the side. I know that I could use one good stiff miracle that points out to a God in Heaven, along with some specific instructions to me, directly.

seems like a reasonable request; not one to be answered by anger and bolts of lightning and sudden death for faithlessness.

• watson
    watson

God has a very strange sense of humor...and justice. Almost human like. He's jealous, he likes riddles, and plays hide and seek.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

It is like the insanity that there are children being raped and beaten for religious reasons. Kids dying of hunger and painful diseases that they could easily receive a cure for and he just lets it fall into the "time and unforseen occurence" section.

Yet a pioneer couple have no way to get to a convention and they come out the door an a magical envelope of money just appears there along with a travel agent who happens to have a cheap ticket to go exactly where they need to be... there is just no explaining this stuff.

I can watch a spider give birth to hundreds of babies at a time but that is not an obvious indication that god exists.

WTF man, I think we are just so scared of the future and dying that we will make up in our mind whatever gives us comfort.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Yet a pioneer couple have no way to get to a convention and they come out the door an a magical envelope of money just appears there along with a travel agent who happens to have a cheap ticket to go exactly where they need to be.

I've always loved fairy stories. Nothing like this ever happened to me when I was one half of a pioneer couple. It wasn't God who looked after us it was our flexible friend. Took years to pay it off.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@confusedandalone

I couldn't agree with your premise more. With all of the confusing and conflicting religious beliefs out there it leads to the inevitable conclusion that god (assuming he exists) does not want to be found. If he did, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would make himself available to the most vulnerable people of the world like starving children in Africa? Instead, he has all his angels tied up with making sure people get a watchtower or a bible study, or protecting crops so brother holy can get to the convention. Additionaly, you can hardly classify mellenia of zero communication and allowing confusion to fester as impatience on our part either.

It makes no sense.

Edit: Religion is mostly a product a birth, not a single and correct idea that god has made available to ALL people.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" Instead, he has all his angels tied up with making sure people get a watchtower of bible study," precisely my point.

One lowly angel killed 135000 people in one night... it rained manna everyday for like 40 years

I garauntee you that if it started raining manna in Ethiopia once a month and everytime guerilla rebels raised up against wicked people an angel would kill them all I would start believing again instantly and I would preach till I died

• adamah
    adamah

tootired2care said-

Additionaly, you can hardly classify mellenia of zero communication (allowing confusion to fester) as impatience on our part either.

Oh, for a minute there I thought you were talking about the Tower of Babel, where God CAUSED confusion amongst men.

I guess the silver lining is that God is not actively playing tricks on men to CAUSE confusion any longer, just playing an extended version of "Hide and Seek" with non-omnipotent humans (which he's going to win, since God DEMANDS that he win at every game he plays)!

Come to think of it, God reminds one of the Billy Mumy character in the old Twilight Zone episode ("It's a Good Life"):

http://www.hulu.com/watch/440799

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit