Wouldn't it just makes sense for GOD to...

by confusedandalone 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I garauntee you that if it started raining manna in Ethiopia once a month and everytime guerilla rebels raised up against wicked people an angel would kill them all I would start believing again instantly and I would preach till I died

Yes, after 2,000 years it seems like a small gesture to that effect would be in order.

Oh, for a minute there I thought you were talking about the Tower of Babel, where God CAUSED confusion amongst men.

Yes thank you for reminding me of the fact that god is also the creator of confusion too.

• unfamiliar
    unfamiliar

wasblind: this can be explained without the presence of a God. so, no.

just one day perform some form of miracle in front of the entire earth in which he proves he exists???____SosoconfusedWould the birth of of child be miracle enough ? or the sun rise ?
  • Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Humans deciding what it would be sensible for a god to do will never serve as a basis to disprove his existence because the argument has no logical end. All reasonable people know that experience comes from life, and the more experience, the more we change how and why we do things. If God knows all things, there is always the likelihood that he knows something we don’t, which gives a rationale for why he might do things in ways we don’t or cannot understand as yet. There is never going to be a shortage of knowledge we don’t know, that if we did, we ourselves would change the what and why we do things. It’s a bad premise to disprove a God. It also cannot be used to prove God either.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@Seraphim23: let's just hope that it is not the God of the Hebrew scriptures/OT - the God of Armies.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@Seraphim23: Humans deciding what it would be sensible for a god to do will never serve as a basis to disprove his existence because the argument has no logical end.

The argument does however highlight that the concept of the almighty personal god who cares is false.

• Laika
    Laika

I have a friend who's walking up Mount Kilimanjaro starting Thursday. I hope that God doesn't strike the mountain, for her sake..

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Not really tootired2care in my view because again one can say that even human parents can decide to allow and even give some level of pain, suffering, challenge and so on to kids for developmental purposes. The kids by definition will never understand it on the level of the parents and sometimes no level of understanding is required on the part of the child even though it would be a necessary thing in many cases. The same principle can be applied to a God if he exists, and so the argument fails here also.

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
  • Comatose
    Comatose

So you think god sees a reason to let the little children starve to death? Idiocy.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Not really tootired2care in my view because again one can say that even human parents can decide to allow and even give some level of pain, suffering, challenge and so on to kids for developmental purposes. The kids by definition will never understand it on the level of the parents - Seraphim23

With children eventually they do understand why they have to do boring, repetitive or challenging things sometimes. It is not true to say they will never understand it on the same level as the parents. At the very latest they will understand when they have children of their own.

However we have to go our whole lives wondering why God permits suffering.

Of course the cults are queuing up to enlighten us, and take our freedom away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit