Article: It's Time to Outlaw Extreme Shunning in Modern Society

by AndersonsInfo 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fiddler
    fiddler

I've read this thread and now have a very cautious attitude towards Band on the Runs posts.

Band on the Run................have you taken your meds today?

sorry but your responses to Barbara are not loving or kind.............and love is the ultimate answer to all of this.

Shunning like the JW's do it is NOT loving. I broadcast it to everyone who will listen and I know others do as well. Eventually I hope that the governments will listen but I don't hold my breath on that.

However............the people will listen. The little seeds we plant (and we are a small minority) will build to a conclusion I believe. Thoughts that go out are powerful and expand exponentially. That is progress.

Yes, I know that repressive regimes gain power and human rights suffer but with the exponential effects of things like the internet I think that every thought counts.

Who here believes that the earth is flat? Why don't you believe that?

Someone dared to counter common belief.

It may be a slow process but it is a process.

Band on the Run...............CHILL OUT!

Keep kicking at the darkness until it bleeds daylight ~ Bruce Cockburn

• metatron
    metatron

I agree. Ordinarily, Band produces some very good posts........ but this is getting a bit weird.

Alcohol as a cause would be preferred, as you just get sober.....

metatron

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

What I have learned from this thread is the Wt. Cult has a very deep affect on all of us. It causes us to say things that are very deep inside us. This is how bad mind control was or is on all of us. I look at this as a healing process for all of us. Clearing the air is always a good thing. As long as we all learn from it and not develope a prejudice against someone. Take this thread for what it should be more tools in our education about mind control wt. cult. Totally ADD

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

fiddler, couldn't agree more on the mastermind alliance. Napolean hill talked alot about the mastermind alliance decades ago.

Words are powerful. and i believe that exponentially we take the brain power of others and push it down the road in the right direction....even the almighty jw's can learn stuff.

Actions speak louder than words and these guys got a lot of real estate to launder....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    metatron - "Ordinarily, Band produces some very good posts........ but this is getting a bit weird."

By the time I finished Band's most recent post, I was actually having a bit of trouble understanding what she even was trying to say...

She's really got it in for Barb, though; that much is certain. It almost seems personal.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Barbara Anderson, I just thought I'd pipe in and let you know that your articles, your thoughts, and your activisim have always brought out the best in me.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No one here may agree with me. I don't give a d......n! You have no idea how polite I am under extreme pressure. It serves me well. Smarter lawyers, lawyers whose fathers are U.S. Supreme Court justices or major Courts of Appeals judges can't figure out why I go to the head of the class so frequently. Let me give you the most glaring example. Tom Daschle. He has no magic. Yet the ones who screech their heads off about some Daschle monstrosity from their view are also the ones who privately worship and admire him the most. Daschle was once as clueless and goofy as I once was. In fact, he comes from South Dakota so he may have been much worse than me. He is such an Ivy but he graduated from the University of South Dakota. Please, he was in charge of McGovern's campaign in McGovern's home state at 20 years old. McGovern did not come close to carrying South Dakota. He cleaned up his act and kept his working class upbringing. He may yet be President of the United States.

It is stopping the give and get behavior. Obama is the perfect example. He was not always President Obama. When he was Barry, he was at Columbia where all Columbia College students think they know everything about everything. Jesse Jackson and his daughters repeatedly humiliated Michelle in the worst possible way. No one at the time could imagine Barry/Barack or Michelle ever making state representative. Obama learned a painful lesson at Columbia. Some older person took him aside and screamed at him that he had potential so learn....He gets elected Senator from Illinois. Well, no big deal in DC. A catastrophe happens. Daschle is not re-elected in South Dakota. The voters think he is too removed and has gone native East Coast. Yet whenever Daschle appears for even a minute on the East Coast, his eyes tear up and he relates some very South Dakota story to people who don't care whether South Dakota exists. Daschle is so powerful b/c his top aides are so brilliant they could make billions any place. They love what they do. Obama is nobody. He begs the aides to work for him. The aides tell him to drop dead. Obama is nothing. Working for him will hinder their income and job prospects. Any Senator will pay them extra to have them as aides. Obama keeps asking repeatedly and fails every time. He is relentless. Obama takes them out for special lunches or gives them little known books that they will enjoy. Finally, the top aides are working for Obama. They enabled Obama to address the Dem. convention during prime time for a short while. Obama is only president b/c he did not give and get.

There are so many examples from every period of human history. People start out knowing everything and give and getting. They may not be aware but giving and gettiing only closes every door. Some behavior is so awful that all Ivy League rules of propriety are abandoned. Please this is the politest call out I have ever witnessed or heard about. Very important people have had all their favorite things cut off. New Yorkers, in general, will put up with massive bs and idiots for years until a certain point. This is how dangerous this situation is! All politness needs to go out the window. This is my personal moment when very nice people must be rude for a short while.

No one is evil. This is not about this thread but something I used to see, indeed I was the biggest I know it all and boy, can I give and get. From the second I first arrived here, I knew in my gut and with all my training and education why the Witnesses are so powerful. Because I immediately saw why no one ever escapes my junk neighborhood in Newark, NJ despite being brilliant. The recent fiasco with FB was only the most powerful. Within a few seconds I saw stuff I had not encountered in decades anywhere else I went. The competition among people who know nothing to demean each other over crumbs. There is friendly competition and deadly competition. You may think you know press b/c you did at Bethel. People here compete with me about how awful my interpretation of some legal concept it takes two seconds to master in law school. When it comes to law, don't mess with me. The very ones who scream the loudest are the most ignorant.

This is an outrageous situation. I could never do anything else in my life if I were not rude and bold now. Why am I so angry at my deepest core? Because of all groups in the world and all causes, this is the one I care about the most. People here are too polite when someone goofs up. I will never do this forever. I will walk away and you can do even far worse things b/c of basic ignorance about the world. High school kids know more about the world than a certain segment here. Ghetto and Mafiosa high school kids. I am not exaggerating. Of course, they have Roman Catholic priests or the black church and we had the polar opposite. Celebrate diversity. Don't be triggered b/c someone knows a fraction of an inch more than you do. It cripples you. Only it is worse than a normal crippling. You will have no idea that you are crippled.

You want to give and get. Fine, because I was the most extreme example of giiving and getting. Do you know how many times I swore and screamed "I will sue you." Maybe it George McGovern's defeat. I don't know. The Beatles and the WHO would be nowehre if they had the attitude of give and get. No one else can know more about anyting than I know.

If my crowd ever read the garbage you think is so great, they would have told you in far, far worse terms and kicked you. This area is my life. Defeating the WT properly is my life. Don't think people have not done this to me. Sometimes people have great potential. Observe powerful people. No one ever gives and takes. Heck, if someone understands your specialty more than you do, that person is the one person you shower with respect, money, and expensive restaurants. I love make up. Well my makeup is only awesome bc I stopped giving and getting. Also, I saved myself thousands of dollars by just for a little while not assuming I know all the answers to every problem in human history.

The principal form of NY entertainment is not the ballet, opera, rock concertss, or even the biggest Broadway play. No, we specialize in entertaining each other with stories of adventures of meeting bright but totally ignorant people who mess up their lives and their friends lives for eternity. We laugh so hard with tears streaming down our faces. Some people end up on the floor laughing. We are not evil people. One, almost everyone has done the same thing in real life and is now so embarassed. Two, we are laughing b/c it is so serious on a massive level that if you don't roll on the floor laughing, you will end up in Bellevue for eternity.

I am being dramatic. Some moments call for drama of the most bold kind. We never do it to ordinary people. Only to leaders who are screwing up the world with their arrogance. This is the one moment when every person I know would agree to break all rules of civility and attack for a little while. My years of revealing info that I never should are now over. Not because of any one thread. I never failed to be amazed at the insight and sophistication here. So many people here are so cool. It blows my mind. But I will never tolerate leaders and legends in their own minds who destroy and ruin the cool people.

This may be appear rude and over the top b//c you don't know people with great power and education. I am completely restrained and under control. In fact, I could be even more ruthless and revealing. Most people would in this case. No matter how addicted I am here I now have complete freedom to never care about any apostate cause for the rest of my life. This is another shocker people need to hear.

WHEN IT COMES TO TYRANNY, THE WATCHTOWER IS INDEPENDENCE DAY AND BASTILLE DAY FOR LARGE PORTIONS OF THE EARTH. Any black or Latino person has endured far worse than the WT. I am always conscious that the WT is nothing. Large portions of the earth merit my attention far more than apostates. I have slummed here too long. People come to me with grateful tears in their eyes over the simplest things. Around the world, people thank me b/c I broke the rules and shared some short insight. Never, ever (even back in high school) have I encountered such people as here. God could come on your own personal terms and you would reject God. No, a certain segment of this board would reject God or Atheist God.

There is enough money, stuff, prestige, whatever, in the world to satisfy everyone. I wish I could do what I am doing on a much larger scale. Indeed, from day one I wondered when I would explode. The very people who are so certain of themselves are the most ignorant. Shelby, A Guest was a treat for me compared to this. Seeing this, reading this at a low level for years is destroying me. Well, I won't be the first to leave here to save my soul.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yikes!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@QuarterBack:

" The subject matter is about Shunning, Mr Muster"

Yes, and the article in the OP is about outlawing shunning. That is, using the state and the rule of law in an attempt to get the WTB&TS to stop its doctrine of shunning. My comments were on-topic.

MMM

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I am not entirely sure what BOTR is saying. Why is she so angry?

MMM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit