Shocking talk from 2013 District Convention urges parents to shun disfellowshipped children

by cedars 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

When I got baptized, they "forgot" to tell me that Jesus was not my mediator. Just a small little omission. Then, when I finally got right with God through the blood of the New Covenant, I got shunned for figuring it out.

The more they push this stuff, the more the public figures out what their game is.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Emotional Blackmail is ingrained in JW's. My sister tried that crap on me a few months ago. We just lost my father a few years ago and my sister said something like, oh well dad would be so happy if you came back into the organization. I grew up with this s*&^% all my life and I am used to it but they call this a loving organization that stoops to emotional blackmail.

• cedars
    cedars

8,500 views in the 36 hours since the video was uploaded - phenomenal!

Thanks so much to all of you who have helped spread the word.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

A few people have asked for a transcript of the talk. It's now available on this link...

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Transcript-of-2013-Shunning-Talk.pdf

Cedars

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

what a strange speaker. why does he talk like that? freak!

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

bookmarked

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

What's with the weird affectation the speaker uses when 'imitating' the voices of hypothetical 'worldly' or 'disfellowshipped' people. Truly pathetic.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This is another area in which the GB/WT is blood guilty. A sad number who have been DF'd have taken their own life, all because of the shunning policy.

All for another practice/doctrine which is not supported in Scripture.

• besty
    besty

@cedars

A few people have asked for a transcript of the talk. It's now available on this link...

I think there is a way to link your transcript in Youtube - it helps with SEO and also deaf people can read it.

• Perry
    Perry

Jeffro wonders:

What's with the weird affectation the speaker uses when 'imitating' the voices of hypothetical 'worldly' or 'disfellowshipped' people. Truly pathetic.

Jeffro, it's called mocking someone. In this case the speaker is mocking members of the public for questioning the shocking practice of shunning close family members for many times just minor theological differences or personal indiscrteions. Mocking has become acceptable in recent decades as an oratory technique. And, you are right: it IS pathetic. Might as well stay a mental 10 year-old if our society allows this kind of pathos.

Just a reminder from the Word at Jude 1:

"But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, ... These be they who separate themselves, ...having not the Spirit. But ye, ... Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit