- DF: when under stress one tends to revert back to the personality before being indoctrinated into the cult.
- What is your basis for saying this?
On looking at the statement I made, maybe it was a bit hasty my saying that. The subject and the problems I am having at the moment are quite emotional.
On saying that I was led to make the statement due to the following factors:
1. I have noticed with myself that I have reverted back to some extent to my pre-cult personality
2. I have noticed with my wife, although I did not know her before she was JW, she has told me some of the things she did before she was a JW, and they did show a level of viciousness
3. In Steven Hassen's book "Combating Cult Mind Control" (New Edition) from page 133 onwards he discusses that every cult member has a Dual Personality, this is even so for Born-ins. When in the cult the cult-personality dominates, and occasionally the non-cult/pre-cult personality raises its head
4. Also from a biblical point of view Ephesians 4:22-24 does also talk about having two personalities
So as my original comments causing you to question my statement, from my side was emotionally charged, I beg that you take this into account.