Specific Comments By R&F About May Broadcast

by freemindfade 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• done4good
    done4good

This video causes way too much cognitive dissonance for believers. Which is why you are not hearing a peep on pro-JW sites.

There are only a few true nut jobs that actually would be moved to contribute more because of this. Most will choose to mentally run far, far away from this...

I personally think it is going to backfire big time. I guess we will wait and see.

d4g

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    done4good
    I have noticed much less gushing and cheering over the new video's and songs. Because of CD I think everyone is just keeping their mouth shut and probably feeling like they are the only ones uncomfortable with it. In fact I imagine many will stop watching these broadcasts because they make them uncomfortable. Its funny too that ones who haven't watched when presented with say one of the music videos, think its apostates making fun of the org, but when they find out it its not they look like morons and now have to say how great it is. Very sad
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    When I expressed some "concern and confusion" to my father about the telethon, he watched it, then came back and said, "I can see how you might feel that way. But it's not like they're doing this in every broadcast. If that starts to happen, I think then there would be reason to be concerned."
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

My spouse (who is not "awake"...as far as I know) was very upset by it and said to me:

"You don't understand. I really shouldn't have watched that. It makes me not want to be a Jehovah's Witness. Don't tell me you've never asked for money in 130 years, then spend 90 minutes asking for money. I never thought the Governing Body would be so dishonest and misleading to our faces about how much money they spend, and on what. They're not getting another dime from us until they put out detailed financial reports like every other big non profit out there."

• a watcher
    a watcher

I haven't gotten any feedback from my Sisters yet, but I know how I feel about the May broadcast.

I sometimes wonder if the GB in their ivory tower know we're in the middle of a recession/depression, and things are going to get WORSE, not better.

I hope there are some rich Witnesses that can afford to give the GB what they want.

I sure can't.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

respectful observer, Wow, that's a great observation from your spouse!!!

cappytan: it's not like they're doing this in every broadcast. If that starts to happen, I think then there would be reason to be concerned

That fact that they've done this ONCE, should be great cause for concern. See the comments from respectful observer's spouse.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

My comment: The GB has screwed up and mishandled Jehovah's "valuable things."

They should be scared shitless.

• oppostate
    oppostate

after the May video we can conclude that Gov' Body (GB) stands synonymous with "Greedy Busterds"

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They actually said they haven't asked for money before?
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Crazyguy15 minutes agoThey actually said they haven't asked for money before?
    Yes...but then Lett went on to "define" what "ask for money" actually meant. He stated (not verbatim, but close enough): "We've never given you a slip of paper telling you what specific amount to contribute. I've told bible studies before that someone could attend meetings for 20 years and never put a single penny in the contribution box and WE would never know. But Jehovah would!"

My spouse just about walked out of the room when he said that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit