Specific Comments By R&F About May Broadcast

by freemindfade 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Oubliette

Let's review: Its a cult.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Just got done talking with a friend of mine. Her family are still in.

Here's what she said her mom's reaction was to the video: "I'm never giving them another dime."

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I think the GB have insulated themselves with great lawyers and accountants, but now need market research and PR, because I believe their efforts are backfiring

• Alive!
    Alive!

What will "interested ones" think of all this?

I'm trying to imagine a questioning bible student taking in this broadcast....what must they think?

• Incognito
    Incognito

The WT has a long history of demanding JWs to do more preaching as they are not 'doing enough', with many JWs responding with increased ministry hours, if even on a temporary basis.

I think the current GB think those same manipulative tactics will work in obtaining more money, but it appears that they have overstepped what is acceptable.

It appears many R&F JWs are complaining about the May broadcast and stating their reluctance to continue donating. Hopefully, enough will withhold donations but unfortunately, many will give-in to the guilt tactics and provide at least what they had previously. There are too many that have invested too much of their lives and will not consider that this is not Jah's organization.

While JWs tend to be 'frugal', the WT didn't bring in almost $1 Billion per average year if no one was donating.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Alive!: What will "interested ones" think of all this? I'm trying to imagine a questioning bible student taking in this broadcast....what must they think?

I've wondered about outsiders / interested ones, too. The broadcast could only be a turn-off to any non-JWs who have some common sense.

I'm wondering whether the org is not really concerned about bringing in new ones anymore. Maybe it realizes that the preaching work is no longer productive and is concentrating its efforts internally.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I know what would help them: if they start putting on the information board how much money they have received from each family. The pressure to prove their 'spirituality' and loyalty to the org would be on.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

I'm wondering whether the org is not really concerned about bringing in new ones anymore. Maybe it realizes that the preaching work is no longer productive and is concentrating its efforts internally.

Magnum, I was thinking the same thing. There is no way any non-jw would be attracted to the Jw Broadcast. If anything, it would convince them to stay far away from the WT.

If I was still in, I would be so embarrassed that these men were my spiritual leaders and I would never invite a Non JW to watch the broadcast.

But I've noticed that it is a spiritual feast mostly for the older ones who have been in the organization for 50 years and up and have sacrificed a lot for the organization.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The oldsters who don't have dementia think this all means the END is nigh!! Their decades of sacrifice have paid off! They won't get older and die!

The rest are say," Eh?? Where's my slushy OJ and danish!! Did you know there is a dinosaur in the back of the NWT??"

DD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Driving Force, My wife got really depressed to the point where I had to take her to the hospital to make sure she was Ok. I later found a text on her phone from a day or so before about them getting together and including my only baptized child. The text didn't say much other then that, so I assuming they may have told her if she wanted to leave me she could. I since have not brought up anything to her about the cult or its practices. My plans have changed to strictly trying to wake as many of my children as possible. This will be a slow go but planting one seed at a time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit