Specific Comments By R&F About May Broadcast

by freemindfade 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan

I have had a couple still-in Ministerial Servants express discomfort with the broadcast.

That's all the specifics I would like to say as they don't know I'm mentally out.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

My mother-in-law said she had no interested in watching the broadcast even though it would be broadcasted for the first time in her language. When I explained the contents she seemed disinterested in how the arrangements or mistakes of the GB affect her relationship with Jehovah.

My very much still in friend said it's "cause for concern, but not cause for alarm.", He says he generally has no interest in donating to begin with, so any new donation arrangement would have no effect on him. He said he is however very disturbed that the org. is heading toward televangelism and becoming a mainstream fast food Christian corporation.

A relative who is an elder expressed the opinion that a lot of these problems are likely due to the fact that the society did not plan or expect this system to continue on as long as it has. Now they are trying to compensate through slapstick measures.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    @Bonsai.....they didnt expect this system to last this long.....so begin new building projects, and sell the house...
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

He said he is however very disturbed that the org. is heading toward televangelism and becoming a mainstream fast food Christian corporation.

Heading toward? Becoming?

They're there!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

My wife will not even watch it after I mentioned that it contained a "push for donations"

I think she wants to remain blissfully ignorant, so as to not get too angry....

• bohm
    bohm
    If they are going to go the tele evangelist route, the next step must involve one of the gb members getting a wig!
  • TheListener
    TheListener

Wow what a great thread! Thank you for starting it and for everyone who has posted so far.

If my wife had watched it she hasn't said anything. But I expect her stubborness to prove me wrong about my fading would prevent her from sharing anything about her feelings about it with me.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

My elder brother in law, went to the LDC meeting, some months back. One of the things he heard was about how all the work at Warwick, was going to be of the very best quality! No corners would be cut! And that if you could not perform to those high standards, don't come!

What Topped that off was the statement, After all, don't Christ brothers deserve the Very Best, during their last days on earth?????

Seems to my, Christ did not even have a place to call home, nor to lay his head!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

a watcher said:

I sometimes wonder if the GB in their ivory tower know we're in the middle of a recession/depression, and things are going to get WORSE, not better.

I expressed a similar thought here.

Bobcat

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

TheListener

If my wife had watched it she hasn't said anything. But I expect her stubborness to prove me wrong about my fading would prevent her from sharing anything about her feelings about it with me.

Precisely the problem I have with my wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit