Specific Comments By R&F About May Broadcast

by freemindfade 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Crazyguy. I feel for you, realizing that you have been misled and wanting to share this "truth" with your partner is a very upright thing to do, but the bOrg indoctrination is so strong. Your wife feeling so bad shows that CD is having an affect.

My wife has moved into a different room in the house. She does not greet me in the mornings nor does she say goodnight. Trying to start a conversation about anything is not possible, not even about the weather. But anyway I am there for her, as you are there for your wife.

As for me I am picking up the things I left 28 years ago, I restarted tae-kwon-do, and will restart gliding, things I did before being assimilated.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Wow driving force. I am really sorry to hear that. My wife spent a few nights alone when I was fading. But once her anger died down things went back to pretty much normal. Actually it wasn't anger but more fear. Fear that I would become a crazed, drug abusing, violent, drunken madman. As she realized that I wasn't though things she calmed down and we settled into a routine.

Good luck.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Incognito - "I think the current GB think those same manipulative tactics will work in obtaining more money, but it appears that they have overstepped what is acceptable."

A lot of critics have stated just how clueless the GB seem to be regarding real life for the R&F.

This certainly does little to refute that.

Magnum - "I'm wondering whether the org is not really concerned about bringing in new ones anymore. Maybe it realizes that the preaching work is no longer productive and is concentrating its efforts internally.."

John Aquila - "I was thinking the same thing. There is no way any non-jw would be attracted to the Jw Broadcast. If anything, it would convince them to stay far away from the WT."

You guys aren't the only ones.

Not to mention that a number of us have come to suspect that the Org wants to prune the membership down to just hard-core loyalists. This thing definitely has the potential to alienate more faders and fence-sitters amongst the R&F.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bonsai - "He said he is however very disturbed that the org. is heading toward televangelism..."

He's nailed it.

It's funny; if you printed out a screencap of Lett's broadcast (without any logos or identifying text, and particularly if he's holding up the "Silver Sword"), and asked any Joe-on-the-street what kind of person he thought the guy in the picture might be, I'll bet that nine times out of ten, the answer would be "televangelist".

x

Bonsai - "...and becoming a mainstream fast food Christian corporation."

Not quite.

There are strong indications that in the present Information Age, "mainstreaming" will involve abandoning apocalypticism, creationism, exclusivity, homophobia, misogyny, and Biblical literalism.

I can't see the WTS being able to jettison any of that, though; they wouldn't be Jehovah's Witnesses, anymore.

x

Bonsai - "A relative who is an elder expressed the opinion that a lot of these problems are likely due to the fact that the society did not plan or expect this system to continue on as long as it has."

Further anecdotal evidence that, IMO, supports the conclusion that even up to the GB, the leadership is comprised of full-on True Believers.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Wow Driving force, if my wife was doing that to me I would let her have it with guns blazing. I would wait till she went into a room and I would go in behind her block the door and use the Bible to show her that were not supposed to judge, exalt ourselves, or shun people. We're supposed to have love, love before faith even. I would make sure I got the point across that she is not a follower of Christ therefore not a follower of God. If she didn't change her attitude I would kick her out.

She may change her tune after this. My wife threatened no sex and the spiritual indangerment card but when those threats didn't work she backed down. It's hard for them when you don't go off the rails and start doing drugs or something like the way the borg says will happen with all who leave Jehovah.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Crazyguy

I never new my wife before she was a JW, and when under stress one tends to revert back to the personality before being indoctrinated into the cult. This has been a stressful time for both of us, the stress coming from the congregation and due to the indoctrination. The pre-cult personality traits she has shown due to the stress were vicious, really vicious, so my thinking is she is a better person as a witness than not being a witness. So I do not try to prove anything unless she specifically asks, which she will quite likely not ask. If she does ask of course I shall give her the information. When she reported me to the elders she took great pleasure in telling me in a most disrespectful and condescending manner which elder she told, the one I dislike the most because he is a liar and a cheat and clearly fits the clinical description of a psychopath.

I have to live with the life I have, but our marriage is certainly not going to last, I do not want this toxicity the rest of my life.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

My husband has done better out of the witness fold. He was really stressed out, tightly wound up, constantly yelling at the kids, throwing things. It was awful. I often considered leaving him because I didn't think it was a healthy environment. He followed me out of the religion and is much happier now and yells a lot less. He does more of what he wants and less of what he feels pressured to do, which has improved his happiness level and lowered his stress level. So, for him, leaving the religion has improved his personality!

Driving force, I'm really sorry it's turning out for you like this. I wish I knew what to say. She seems particularly bitter.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DF: when under stress one tends to revert back to the personality before being indoctrinated into the cult.

What is your basis for saying this?

I do not believe this is true. Do you have any research based evidence to back this up? I'd be really interested in reading that. Thanks,

Oubliette

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think we are in just the beginning stages of money drive from the corporation it will only get worse from this point expect lots of begging for God from these guys as they try to keep God's earthly organization from going bankrupt.

Cappyt,

When I expressed some "concern and confusion" to my father about the telethon, he watched it, then came back and said, "I can see how you might feel that way. But it's not like they're doing this in every broadcast. If that starts to happen, I think then there would be reason to be concerned."

I'm sure they will become much more regular in the future as all these lawsuits payments become due and they try to balance the books, they will be forced to beg beg beg.

• flipper
    flipper
    DRIVING FORCE- I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through these stressful times with your wife. Please know that you are not alone. We care. If you ever need a friend or want to talk- please PM me, I'd be glad to chat with you. Hang in there buddy, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit