Protecting pedophiles while protecting children

by stillin 155 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stillin
    stillin

Vidqun, don't flatter yourself. I've been around the block more times than I can count. I've also given this issue a lot more thought than you are giving me credit for. It's just the knee-jerk reflex that you are proving yourself superior in. Combined with your audience here.

just as the title "elder" is not proof of wisdom, the label "pedophile" is not proof of anything either. While you sound so sure of yourself, you can't even imagine yourself anything but right. Just like the witnesses.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

After the accusation has been reported to the police, tell the branch. Simple!

In actuality thats the exact opposite of what the WTS. instruct elders to do.

The WTS is very concerned about their public image and this really comes into action

by the WTS. own desinated mantra of " DO NOT BRING REPROACH ON TO GOD'S EARTHLY ARANGMENT "

So right from the very top, right down to the bottom this has always been a constant endeavor by all JWS.

For the Simple reason of the WTS. heads wanting to protect the organization's public image.

Similar to what the Catholic organization was doing in the past concerning their clergy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'll say it again.

Being simply DFed in a congregation does nothing to protect the general public at large because it is known that

pedophiles do re-offend even after they have been openly identified.

So if elders are instructed to not inform the proper legal authorities, what could possibly happen out of this direction. ?

Quite the stupid, dangerous and irresponsible thing to do !

Wouldn't you agree Stillin ?

• stillin
    stillin

I do agree Finklestein. And I have changed my stand on that since a conversation I had with Flipper a year ago.

Pretty much have to agree with the idea that the law will sort it all out. Too bad about"image." Kids' lives are at stake.

Finally the WTS is really addressing the thing. Hey, they were right about how the world is such a sick place, weren't they?

;)

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Finally the WTS is really addressing the thing

Umm, are you paying attention to the thread at all???????? THEY ARE NOT. They continue to hide behind the legal department and their two witness rule.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

So if watchtower is "really addressing the thing" why are they appealing the Conti case? Why wouldnt they just admitt mistakes were made and pay up? They can afford it. Or was there some gross miscarriage justice that occured?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Finally the WTS is really addressing the thing. Hey, they were right about how the world is such a sick place, weren't they?

Maybe they should acknowledge how irresponsible and apathetic their child abuse policies has been in the past,

just like all the other known religions out there.

That truly would be an honest and forthright proclamation, wouldn't.

Oh wait a second this organization has never been an honest or forthright organization, it was constructed on devious lies

and corruption formulated through its own publishing house .

Oh well, its a very sick and corrupt world as the WTS. says it is and aren't they truly a shining example of that.

• stillin
    stillin

Religion really IS a racket and a snare! See? They were right about that, too.

it's some fancy footwork, legally speaking. Outright admission of guilt will have the wolves on their back. Denial is impossible in this day and age. I think anybody accused of anything would handle it about like they are, with so much to lose.

a worldly company would have hidden its' assets and filed for bankruptcy status by now. The WTS is seemingly trying to hold it together. Maybe some of the hierarchy actually believe that it's God's organization.

• stillin
    stillin

Religion really IS a racket and a snare! See? They were right about that, too.

it's some fancy footwork, legally speaking. Outright admission of guilt will have the wolves on their back. Denial is impossible in this day and age. I think anybody accused of anything would handle it about like they are, with so much to lose.

a worldly company would have hidden its' assets and filed for bankruptcy status by now. The WTS is seemingly trying to hold it together. Maybe some of the hierarchy actually believe that it's God's organization.

• Violia
    Violia

no Stillin they believe that this is their career and life about to be exposed. They are a publishing company and so many people have spent all their lives involved with this. They have money, career and friends tied up with this company . they can't give up now, so many peoples lives and money would be effected. They know they are wrong, but it business you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit