Protecting pedophiles while protecting children

by stillin 155 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stillin
    stillin

I know that a lynch mob forms whenever there's a hint of anybody being a pedophile, but the truth is that not all are the slavering, predatorial animals that they are painted to be. Each circumstance has its' own specifics.

In defense of the WTS, they DO keep track of confirmed pedophiles now. Based on some of the actual cases that I'm aware of, it seems that they are very aggressively digging up old cases and, short of announcing it to the congregation and the general public, they actually ARE doing something about it, which protects the kids AND the person who is classified as a pervert.

yes, it's too late for those who were victims before this program began. Yes, some of those people should have gone to jail. But if you are trying to run a religion like the WTS, it must be a huge task to keep some sort of balance.

I think any new incidents are being reported to the police these days. As they should be.

any thoughts, corrections?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I can't comment on that, since I'm not currently serving as an elder. However, when balancing the interests of the abused child, versus the rights to repentance and privacy of the (former) abuser, clearly the interests of the child and/ victim should come first.

Eden

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

What program? When did it begin?

• stillin
    stillin

Ts674: what program? When did it begin?

I think about 8 years ago they began to handle it in the Elders school. Ther have been several letters to the bodies of elders in that time period, some of which have been shared with us here. There has been at least 1 service meeting part in which the congregation was introduced to the idea of calling the "worldly authorities."

sex offenders cannot be used for special privileges in the cong. A letter follows them when they change congs. They do not say the prayers in the cong. It's all fair, it seems.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

So the light is getting brighter eh. So prior to eight years ago, I guess the children are just SOL. And it is still only convicted offenders that have this letter follow them?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Stillin, have you read the last letter to elders in connection with pedophiles? When such a problem occurs, you phone Bethel, and they will decide on a course of action. They will decide whether the person is a predator or a "normal" pedophile. Action can only be taken after compliance with the two witness rule. While all this deciding goes on, physical evidence (e.g., DNA) falls by the wayside. As someone also remarked, the elders' children are safer than your children, if you have any. The elders know of the monsters in a congregation, but you (as an ordinary publisher) don't. You call that fair?

• stillin
    stillin

Sorry, life isn't fair. Who said it was? You do the best you can. Any organization can be accused of the same things.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

We are not talking about any organization though? We are talking about one led by holy spirit. And is it only convicted pedofiles or how exactly is this program structured?

• stillin
    stillin

As I understand it, any person who has touched a minor in inappropriate way is in this watch list of the Society's.

as a side point, I thought it was commendable, too, that the hacker group Ananymous was unable to out this list from the WTS computers. That is a level of protection that, I would suspect, many on that list deserve.

ok, they lay claim to having Holy Spirit. So they're liars. Sue them.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Suffer the little children! Funny, but do read up on pedophiles/predators and the legal procedure dealing with them. Involved in the process are specialized police units, lawyers, investigators, special courts, social workers, psychologists, Medical Personel, forensics, etc. So you think a phone call to the Branch is going to sort it out. There they have a checklist, catogorizing the offender. And if there is no second witness, it is swept under the rug.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit