Prayers that God answers. Any examples?

by punkofnice 259 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

After the jws, and I did not know 'where' to turn... I let go, and just asked God to lead me where He wanted me to be, and put full faith in Him that He would do so, no conditions attached. He led me to His Son. I asked to be able to hear His Son, and He granted that also. I asked for forgiveness on matters, and have received that too. When I ask in faith, I do not put a time limit or any conditions on anything... but leave all of that to God and to Christ, and simply put full faith in that they will answer.

I have had prayers answered in a direct way, assuming you mean tangible way (some such prayers being selfish, until I learned not to ask for such things)... just not sure I want to share them here.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Not a single concret example. Is it time for this?

• mouthy
    mouthy

No the poor little fellow starving .is a product of Satan. You see he (SATAN) has been given the right to roam the

earth & do all the wicked stuff he is doing .I must admit he is doing so much wickedness,
    but seems to be having the effect he wants to achieve. It is going to get MUCH worse.
    Are you paying out cash to feed this little ones? Are you doing all you can when you see
    all the terrible things going on? Yes I know many plead hardships( I have had a few on here even)
    Telling me they were hungry etc I sent them money They never post now ( Yes I am a sucker)
    But I DO believe Christ is going to return....
    Simon & Anghard is doing a feeding work really by allowing us to cry for help!!!!It must be strenous
    & they too dont believe as I do.... But it has been available for many years.So GOD MY GOD!!!
    uses HEARTS!!!! If you have a good heart, you are part of the body of Christ. Even if YOU dont think that

As I always say after i voice my opinion that I K NOW most dont like.ROCKS thrown will be added to
    my rock garden I have SOOOOO Many!!!

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

wouldnt a all'knowing loving god know exactly what we need and whether or not we deserve it,and give it without the need to grovel and beg? There is no god.

• humbled
    humbled

Hello,EP,

I am supposed to be carving sppons and finishing them for tomorrow's market. But I should say something in this thread because God answered me in a way that I have never been able to ignore or deny. I have had subsequent responses in the 35 years since that first experience. But there was a thing that happened one wintertime that alerted me that God was out there. I guess it is God. I prayed saying "God" and sometimes I would use "Jesus" because I didn't have a clear idea of the administrational aspects of Prayer. I still couldn't say. But they took care of it anyway.

I'll write a bit more later. Got to work for a bit.

• tec
    tec

wouldnt a all'knowing loving god know exactly what we need and whether or not we deserve it,and give it without the need to grovel and beg?

I would not say that it has anything to do with what we deserve or not... but as to whether or not we belong to Him and to His Son (which THEY know, and the mercy of God can certainly include whomever He wishes)... but to the rest, YES!!!

Which is what I have come to learn, and it has taken some time for me to get it. (lacking in faith) God provides. But He DOES also hear us, though His Son.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Answered prayer = confirmation bias.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

For those who think god has answered your prayers:

How do you explain the vast majority of prayers that are never answered? Is it that you are so special god will suspend the Laws of The Universe to accomodate your wishes and dreams while ignoring everyone else?

Or is it that the majority are just not worthy of having their prayers answered?

You cannot have one without the other. If you want to hold fastly to the idea answered your prayers, then you also have to explain why your god chooses to flat-out ignore the rest of humanity.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The company I worked for 28 years shut down so I prayed and within days I found a job, so I didn't miss a single day of work. An elder told me Jehovah takes care of those who put Kingdom interests first...that job requires that I travel extensively which allowed me to fade...I wonder if this elder still believes that job is a blessing from God or a trap of Satan...

• James Brown
    James Brown

I pray and praid every.

For as long as I remember 55 years maybe.

It's true like George Karlin says its a 50/50 shot of getting what you ask for.

But in 55 years I got a lot of what I asked for. So for me even if there is no God prayer worked and works.

I got everything from 60 years of health and safety. Surviving 10 year working in jail as a detention officer.

Money from various sources and the things money can buy.

Health, security and safety for my loved ones.

Miraculouly surviving a motor cycle accident the bike was destroyed but I did not get hurt.

It happened in front of the Church of Scientology a car turned in front of me. I was going 35 and hit his fender.

I remember a hand picking me up and setting me down on the street 20 feet away from the bike and

car.

The Scientologist thought I was a high up and took me into their headquarters.

I thought I experienced a miracle but they don't believe in miracles, they wanted to know how I knew how to fly.

For years after that when I would go to downtown Clearwater, Scientologist would come up to my wife and

say, "You know your husband can fly, we saw him"

So there were witnesses to my miracle but this was 20 years ago, I can't find them and you probably

would not believe them if I could. They were just a bunch of crazy scientologist.

My wife knows what i told her happened and what the Scientologist told her.

That I could fly.

I regularly pray to God but I also tie up my camel everyday.

And I also beleive God helps those who help themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit