A Video Series about 607 BC vs 587 BC

by Londo111 272 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cha ching
    cha ching

Londo: Again, thx!!one of my children watched your whole series of videos, and it made them feel so much better in the manner of presentation.

This child is always having bad dreams of being sucked back into the WT, and this eased their mind with the logic, and sensibleness, and non-aggressive style.

I also think, that because you are so OPPOSITE OF THE WT, in that you do NOT do their thinking, OFFER THE CHOICE, and have them do "homework," and come to their own conclusions, people can have the dignity that every human should have...

The right to make up their ownmind about something ....... without fear of being disfellowshipped, shunned, cast off forever.... (kind of sounds like burning in hell, hmm?) all over a DATE! listen to that... a DATE that merely promotes the rule of the governing body.

Jesus never said you have to believe in a date, he simply said, "love your neighbor as yourself."

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

scholiar:

The only significant event which marked the beginning oif the seventy years was the Fall of Jerusalem in 607 BCE and the only two significant events which climaxed the end of the seventy years was the Fall of Babylon in 539 BCE shortly followed by the Return of the Exiles in 537BCE.

Still clinging to bizarre circular reasoning. Idiot.

There was no significant event in 607, and you have already acknowledged that your selected end-point is entirely speculative. And your claims about the JW view being compatible with the direct wording at Jeremiah 25:12 make it obvious that, in the minds of 'faithful' JWs, JW dogma trumps what the Bible actually says.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Your accusation of circular reasoning is nonsense and insulting but is typical of those who nothing to say and cling to a falsehood and the theories of men. If circular reasoning directs me to the Bible then so be it. I wear it as a badge of honour.

Likewise, there was no significant event in 587 or 586 BCE either. My endpoint of 537 is no more or less speculative than yours because we have to deal with the same body of facts. Your interpretation of Jeremiah 25:12 is simply nonsense, ignoring the context and the theology of Jeremiah.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    If circular reasoning directs me to the Bible then so be it. I wear it as a badge of honour.

Idiot.

My endpoint of 537 is no more or less speculative than yours because we have to deal with the same body of facts.

Incorrect. But beyond that, I don't have any preconceived dogma of magical thinking to prop up by selecting any particular year. Idiot.

Your interpretation of Jeremiah 25:12 is simply nonsense, ignoring the context and the theology of Jeremiah.

My 'interpretation' is based on what it actually says. Idiot.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Dear Ann,

You hit the nail on the head: (to Scholar) "How WT of you not to provide a specific reference"

This was one of the very things that had me running when I read those "two scholarly articles" of Oct & Nov of 2011..

Oct 1, 2011 WT, page 31, pgph 2 states "Why did Ptolemy omit some rulers? Evidently, he did not consider them to be legitimate rulers of Babylon (footnote 10)

So, I look at the footnote, knowing full well that:

in the past, the WT (and it's other publications that I have studied from childhood, over and over and over and over again) and the Bible, has listed all the kings, in order, for this time period.

What does this foot note say??? " "Some scholars contend that certain kings were ommitted by Ptolemy..."

Nothing... no list, no names, no nothing. A whole article, supported by nothing......

When people have the truth, they should be able to produce evidence.

Words like "evidently" and "some scholars" can be used by anybody at anytime, and prove nothing.....

again, I must happily reply,

cha ching, cha ching, you aren't getting my bling no more$$$

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Good grief. So, tomorrow evening is the start of Tisha B'Av!

Oh, I'm sorry, for those who are not JEWISH, IT'S ONLY THE JUDAIC HOLIDAY OF MOURNING FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF THE TEMPLES.

Scholar,

I don't know about you, but I'm thinking I'd trust that the Jews would have some semblence of knowledge as to the year their own temples were destroyed. I hear that the temples were kind of important to them.

It would require a tremendous heap of arrogance for the WTS and/or their adherents to be telling these people who have mourned this event for THOUSANDS of years that they don't know when it happened. That'd be like telling a New Yorker that 9/11 didn't happen in 2001. (Once you learn what Tisha B'Av means you'll realize how perfect my comparison was - think I just broke my arm patting myself...)

For someone who grew up with close Jewish friends and who knows how important their history is to them and how it's ingrained in them, this whole JW 607BC thing is hilarious. I mean, c'mon... really? Some American dude from the 1800's knew more about Jewish history than the Jews themselves? You'd have to be pretty gullible...

It's late so I sped through the first video. It looks like you put a lot of effort into it and I need to watch more closely.

I'll look at all of them tomorrow, Londo. :)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    typical of those who nothing to say

LOL. I (and others) have pages and pages on this forum showing your drivel to be pathetic. And Londo has put up several videos that readily show you to be in error. In addition, I have several other pages of information showing the many flaws in other attempts to defend your ridiculous superstitions. I am hardly "those who nothing to say". Idiot.

As always, readers are welcome to ask any questions on the topic.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro I too over many years have posted on this forum pages and pages responding to the drivel that you and others of your ilk have posted. All that Londo has posted is nothing new but pictorial nonsense, a rehash of Jonsson's ideas with pretty pictures and soundtrack. Likewise, readers too are welcome to ask any questions pertaining to this topic. scholar JW

• Londo111
    Londo111

Cha Ching, Thank you. That is great to hear! I recommend the Channel of God series from Arp7601, which is basically a video presentation of Ray Franz’s In Search of Christian Freedom. Arp has mastered the art of “logic, and sensibleness, and non-aggressive style.” He sets the example for us all.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeffro I too over many years have posted on this forum pages and pages

Yes, but you are wrong. You simply ignore the many, many times your arguments have been completely trounced with detailed, sourced information. You respond with vague nonsense and refuse to provide sources to back up your weak claims. Just go away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit