A Video Series about 607 BC vs 587 BC

by Londo111 272 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Londo, please stop saying "Bablyonian" instead of "Babylonian"!!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Siege on Jerusalem began in 598, not 599 as stated in video 6.

I also noticed a typo of "nations" as "natations". I think it was in video 5.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thank you, Jeffro. Going forward, I’ll stick to 587 BC. Hopefully the 538 BC return is made clear...but because these texts in Ezra simply say “seven month” and “in the second year of return” I definitely didn’t want to be dogmatic. 538 BC is most likely from the text, while 537 BC is just conjecture at best. I really wanted to have a former elder I know narrate for me who has experience in public speaking, rather than myself. He did help narrate the video about the Lost Coin and the Prodigal Son, but he’s been quite busy with college and work. I will attempt to correct my pronunciation.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I really wanted to have a former elder I know narrate for me who has experience in public speaking, rather than myself.

I understand. I've thought about making a video about 607. I thought about it for about 0.02 seconds. I don't like the sound of my voice on recordings.

• Londo111
    Londo111

You should. I would really enjoy watching it. I detest my voice as well. I was the last, desperate choice.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Video 11 says there was an 18-month siege on Jerusalem. However, the siege was actually about 30 months (31 including an Adar II in 589), beginning in 590. Jeremiah used Tishri-based dating for Judaean kings (this can be proved mathematically [thanks to AnnOMaly for convincing me a while back to stop being lazy and actually prove it]), so 'the tenth month' (Teveth) of Zedekiah’s ninth year begins at the end of 590 BCE.

Also, the period of 587 to 518 is actually exactly 70 years of fasting rather than approximate as stated in the video. The fasts were in the fifth and seventh months (destruction of the temple, and death of Gedaliah, respectively), but the statement about the 70 years (Zechariah 7:1-4) was in the ninth month. That was after the fasts in the 70th year, so they were actually asking if they would also hold the fasts in the 71st year.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Excellent. Can you post these corrections in the comment's section on Youtube? BTW...it looks like this series drew Scholar's attention. Scholar is Neil McFadzen?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    BTW...it looks like this series drew Scholar's attention. Scholar is Neil McFadzen?

Yeah.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Can you post these corrections in the comment's section on Youtube?

I'll have to go back and match the relevant corrections to the specific videos. Maybe later today.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit