A Video Series about 607 BC vs 587 BC

by Londo111 272 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

pseudo-scholar:

Your omitting any refernce to Josephus undermines the credibility of your presentation for he is the only authority of Jewish biblical history outside of the Bible writers.

Josephus confirms that the temple foundations were laid in the second year of Cyrus. This confirms that the Jews returned in 538 BCE.

Josephus also confirms the period from the fall of Israel until the reign of Cyrus as 182.5 years.

Seriously, you're just going to embarrass yourself.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Now that the arc of the Biblical viewpoint is done, perhaps I will mention Josephus at a later time. In terms of history, I’m going to treat classical historians as of lesser importance to the actual historical record.

My own credibility is not a concern. I am merely dust.

I'm not sure what timezone y'all are in, but this piece of dust is going to bed. :)

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

I have some good news for you ! For 607 BCE is a precise calender date for the events surronding the destruction of Jerusalem right down to the very day and month of that year. There is no speculation or circular reasoning regarding the calculation of 607 for it begins with an Absolute Data and relevant scriptural data for the Return of the Jews in 537, the period of exile of seventy years right to the destruction of their land and subsequent deportation to Babylon.

The change from 536 to 537 was simply bringing into step with modern developments in Chronology from the 1940's. Such new research proves that the celebrated WT scholars were alive and well. Does not this make you swell with pride?

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

pseudo-scholar:

However, one of your biggest problems is the fact that even to this day scholars do not know the precise calender year for the Fall whether it is 586 or 587 BCE for the Fall.

See here.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Josephus states that the temple foundation was laid in Cyrus' second year then that would nicely coincide

Jeffro

The comments of Josephus are not inconsistent with the Return of the Jews by the seventh month in 537 BCE

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

pseudo-scholar:

There is no speculation or circular reasoning regarding the calculation of 607 for it begins with an Absolute Data and relevant scriptural data for the Return of the Jews in 537,

Moron. Feel free to provide your 'absolute data' for the Jews' return in 537...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

WT chronology as produced by celebrated WT scholars over many decades is superior to all others.

Ha Ha Ha oh that again . The celebrated Scholar of idiocy strikes again.

You still haven't come to realize that the WTS. is nothing but a adulterated commercialized scam,

who never had any highly regarded bible scholars within its organization ever.

Doctrines produced by this religious group of charlatans were solely created for one thing and one thing only,

at that was to attract attention from the naive and ignorant body of the general public, toward proliferating its published works..

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Absolute Data should have read Absolute Date which is the Fall of Babylon in 539 BCE.

Your Blog does not help you. The very fact that you omit any reference to the 586/587 controversy belittles your nonsense for most serious scholarship prefers 586 as you well know.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

pseudo-scholar:

The very fact that you omit any reference to the 586/587 controversy belittles your nonsense for most serious scholarship prefers 586 as you well know.

I've determined that 586 is mathematically impossible based on the various dating systems used in various sources. Additionally, your claim that scholars prefer 586 is not only a lie, but it also contradicts your claim that there is a controversy. Your strawman argument about my blog is an irrelevant desperate attempt to ignore the actual material presented. You are not worthy of my time. I reply to your drivel only for the benefit of other readers.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Absolute Data should have read Absolute Date which is the Fall of Babylon in 539 BCE.

You are yet to provide any basis for your dogmatic claim about 537.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit