A Video Series about 607 BC vs 587 BC

by Londo111 272 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

AnnOMaly:

Damn. Noticed a typo in my post. 'Advovates' - clumsy fingers.

Don't ya just hate that! I wish there wasn't a time limit on editing posts.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Neil always bloviates. That's why he's such fun.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I think it's interesting that people put weight on whether or not a "scholar" thinks its a certain time or date. Who cares what a renowned academic thinks? What makes a person a scholar or expert? Should we listen to these people? In the end why does it matter what the date actually was?

Here is my challenge.

Find me one expert or scholar who thinks Neanderthals and Early Modern Humans are a race of man descended from Adam.

Until you do that Scholar, you are arguing over irrelevant and trivial matters.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Comatose:

I think it's interesting that people put weight on whether or not a "scholar" thinks its a certain time or date. Who cares what a renowned academic thinks? What makes a person a scholar or expert? Should we listen to these people? In the end why does it matter what the date actually was?

Of course, in reality, neither the Bible nor secular sources support the JW dogma at all. pseudo-scholar even admits that the academic straws at which he tries to clutch are desperately few and far between. He even makes the stupid assertion that 'they' (the Watch Tower Society, a single entity and its naive captives adherents) have a 'consistent' model (even though their dogma has undergone many significant changes since Charles Russell claimed a pyramid 'proved' that Jesus returned in 1874), which he illogically contrasts with "everyone else" who (unsurprisingly) have various ideas. And he attempts to use that as a smokescreen for the fact that there is actually considerable agreement about the overall history of the Neo-Babylonian empire and its impact on the region.

pseudo-scholar knows that no scholars support the JW numerology, so he usually falls back to admitting that he doesn't care what secular sources say about the vast majority of facts of the matter, because he puts 'faith' in the Watch Tower Society's ill-conceived eisegesis (simply ignoring where the Watch Tower Society also contradicts the Bible). But it doesn't stop him trying to claim that secular sources do support elements of their dogma. This is cognitive dissonence.

Because he has claimed that "scholarly journals" say various things about elements of his superstitions about 607 and 1914, he should also be willing to cite his sources.

Find me one expert or scholar who thinks Neanderthals and Early Modern Humans are a race of man descended from Adam.

pseudo-scholar probably wouldn't blink at cherry-picking a comment from some young-earth creationist if it could be loosely framed as coming from a 'scientist'. The Watch Tower Society does much the same in its Life—How did it get here? By evolution or by creation? Context doesn't make much difference to a devout JW.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Context or who is considered an expert. There may be some who think that Neanderthals were more closely like humans than others, but I don't know of one actual scientist or scholar who thinks Neanderthals are less than 6,000 years old and descended from Adam.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I don't know of one actual scientist or scholar who thinks Neanderthals are less than 6,000 years old and descended from Adam.

Of course not. JW literature hasn't mentioned Neanderthals for decades, apart from briefly glossing over the topic in the November 2011 Awake! (page 29, a snippet in Watching the World, where the time period of Neanderthals is ignored completely). In the old 'Evolution or creation' book, they were also glossed over as 'undoubtedly human', again completely ignoring the time periods involved.

Probably a bit outside the scope of this thread though.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Yes, sorry it is. I don't mean to side track it. Just pointing out how silly scholar is. He wades in to the river to fight against the current in a meaningless battle. Even if he convinced someone that WT chronology was right (and its not), he would be wasting his time. You see scholars and experts are summarily dismissed by JWs when they take a stance not in agreement with their own. Why does scholar care what an expert says? By the way, he never answers your questions directly lol. I'm sure he would dodge this as well.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Comatose:

By the way, he never answers your questions directly lol. I'm sure he would dodge this as well.

I know. His refusal to answer direct questions aptly demonstrates my point for the benefit of other readers though.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thank you, Comatose.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It seems Jeffro really knows his shit.

Scholar makes outrageous assertions, refuses to defend them properly or answer questions. He also refers to himself in third person, this is even more disturbing than his desperate attempts to rewrite history.

Dont even get me started on the "celebrated Watchtower scholars"....

That is the impression I get from this thread anyway.

Thanks for the videos Londo I will check them out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit