A Video Series about 607 BC vs 587 BC

by Londo111 272 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Comatose
    Comatose

Scholar is Lars!!! I'm certain.

• Comatose
    Comatose

By the way, nice work Londo. :) Enjoyed the videos.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Comatose:

Scholar is Lars!!! I'm certain.

No, they have different pathologies. And they're in different countries.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

No you are wrong. You have continually ignored the facts that all of your arguments have been thoroughly refuted by the said scholar. Scholar has provided refernces to the scholarly literature which you choose to ignore. You are not interested in scholarship but simply seek self promotion.

But at least in one area you agree with WT chronology in the total regnal years for the Divided Monarchy approximating 390 years for this is well shown in your early tabulations for the period of Israelite history. Further, Rodger Young unlike most other chronologists also agrees with such findimgs so we are all together on the same page. Thsi being the case it adds academic credibility to the methodology of WT chronology.

No doubt this news will upset you but if you have a glass of warm milk I am sure you will feel much better or perhaps a good lie down may help relieve the shock of this news.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Idiot.

pseudo-scholar claims he has provided 'scholarly literature', but isn't game to actually cite any. On the rare occasion that he has obliquely referred to a secular source, it hasn't actually supported JW dogma anyway.

But at least in one area you agree with WT chronology in the total regnal years for the Divided Monarchy approximating 390 years for this is well shown in your early tabulations for the period of Israelite history. Further, Rodger Young unlike most other chronologists also agrees with such findimgs so we are all together on the same page.

No, idiot. The Watch Tower Society is only in agreement for that duration because it copied other sources. However, it still assigns the wrong years.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Your statement about my refusal to source references is plain dumb and shows that you are on the run, you have been exposed by the said scholar. I read the journals regularly and I have many papers in my files. For example I have all of the journal papers publuished from the 1950' up to the present on the seventy years and that includes the two articles by Winkle. Further, I have a complete collection of papers dealing with chronology by Rodger Young who does not support Wt chronology and these are available for downloading free of charge fro the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society website. I also have many standard reference works on chronology and most papers published on this subject by many other journals. Ann O Maly with whom I have had many pleasant discussions with would corroborate these matters.

I challenge you provide information as what journals you have read in fact yyou probbably have not read a single journal in your life and no copies in your possession for all that you have is the arguments borrowed from Carl Jonsson. You are simply not up to speed.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I hardly care what journals you have. They don't support your insane JW views. You were requested to cite the supposed journals that support your views.

I challenge you provide information as what journals you have read in fact yyou probbably have not read a single journal in your life and no copies in your possession for all that you have is the arguments borrowed from Carl Jonsson.

Idiot.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Further, I also have in my library the most technical Bible commentaries dealing especially with those books of the Bible that deal with the seventy years such as Daniel, Ezra, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel and Zechariah. I give you list of commentaries that I personally use:

Word Biblical Commentary

Hermenaia

ICC- International Critical Commentary

ABD- Anchor Bible Series

Keil & Delitzch

These represent the leading technical commentaries used universally by scholars. I do not have any Roman Catholic or Jewish commentaries in my possession but have access to such when required.

So scholar has the best of the best and if required I could list all of the journal article titles in my possession which include Journal of Biblical Literature, Journal of Theological Studies, Andrews University Bulletin Series and many others. All together I have to hand up to fifty specialized articles on chronology.

So there!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    So scholar has the best of the best and if required I could list... [blah blah blah]

Irrelevant. It makes no difference what journals you possess. They don't support your nutty insane dogma.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

A workman is only as good as his tools, he or she will endeavour to acquire the best and correct tools to do the job. You cannot be competent in chronology unless you have the right tools and can use those tools correctly. I have the best tools for chronology and I have the University training which has taught me how to think critically and to use those tools competently. I suspect you have no tools so you are incompetent in matters of chronology generally speaking. Where you have have only on the one occasion hit the mark then I have commended you for your effort but largely you do not know what you are talking about! Further you have and continue to show a lack of interest in scholarship and that is your big mistake.

I use scholarship to give me context for chronology and as it is a work in progress I note by comparison our chronology with secular chronology, I study the differences, I study the different interpretations of all of the seventy years texts by the use of scholarly articles and commentaries. I have read all of the criticisms of Wt chronology pre COJ and post COJ. After all of this work over many years I form an opinion which I happily debate with whomsoever.

In saying that we possess nutty insane dogma says more of you than of me. This shows that you are biased, obsessed and narrowminded and incompetent in matters of chronology.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit