Do you think "Blondie" is addicted to reading Watchtowers and Awakes?

by booker-t 87 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, there will always be detractors, some obvious and other subtle. I think you know that the vast majority appreciate your research and fact finding....I certainly don't think you are addicted to anything. Please keep your good work.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If you want to pick on someone, pick on me, not Blondie. No one likes me anyway and I can take it, d-bag. Her breakdowns are awesome and helpful.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Do I think Blondie is addicted to reading Watchtowers and Awakes?

Quite the Contrary. I was the one addicted to WT Literature and all their babble. Thanks to Blondie I am clean, sober and free of WT control!

• yesidid
    yesidid

The closest thing Blondie has to an addiction is a constant urge to help others.

Ah! That more of us had such an addiction.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Once I filled in for her and did "comments you won't hear": http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/166530/1/Billys-Comments-You-Might-Hear-at-the-10-12-08-WT-Study-MAINTAIN-LOYALTY

Blondie and her insightful comments were extremely valuable to me when I was first trying to untangle my brain from the bOrg. She and her comments are still extremely useful to me so that I know what my family is hearing at the WT study. I don't comment on "WT comments" as often as I used to, but I always read the threads. She doesn't attend the meetings or assemblies, and she certainly isn't a publisher. My wise and astute observation is that she can let go of Watchtower, but she wants to help others let go, too.

If you're going to pick on somebody, why don't you pick on me? Blondie's an angel of deliverance from WT bondage for many on this forum. I'm just a pain in the a$s that should be getting ready for next semester instead of starting verbose and preachy threads like this, this, and this.

• happy@last
    happy@last

My wife knows how critical I am of all the WT publications and therefore there are none left around in the house, but sometimes my kids still go with her to the KH, and I find Blondies comments really useful to scan through so I know how to counteract what my kids might have heard being said, I therefore find her comments very useful.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I love Blondie's comments and read them every week.

I am not great at critical thinking (probably why I got sucked in so easily) and without these articles I would not have learned so much so quickly about how they operate to brainwash all their victims and twist scriptures etc.

How can we help newbies without keeping up with their ridiculous changes in doctrines if we don't know what the changes are? If our knowledge of WT ended on the last day we attended a meeting anything we said to try and help some-one exit would be considered old light and dismissed without a discussion.

Blondie is great and her work is needed and invaluable!

• LV101
    LV101

Another vote for Blondie!!! It's amazing what she takes the time to share. What an educational tool --- I used to copy hoping active member might be intrigued enough to notice. This topic makes me realize I must take time to copy again, make time and read myself.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Blondie's reviews were my first step on the road to learning how to think critically. When I first started reading here her posts were the only posts my conscience would let me read.

Her "comments" series provide an innoculation against the warped thinking and circular reasoning in the articles, and are exceedingly valuable.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

An internet troll on a religion board? Typical. Live your own life, and let Blondie lead hers. Were you a control freak when in the Watch Tower too?

If you don't like her posts, don't read them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit