Are You Interested In Religion Of Any Sort At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 97 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I gave at the office, I am done, finite, nada, zilch, zip, nil. If you don't think I am done and would like to add a few additional words, let me know. Did I tell you I am DONE with religion? Just checking... I don't want to cause any confusion. Because I really am DONE.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I like the way my post replicated - for emphasis. I guess I will get a "G" for that point.

• mouthy
    mouthy

bigmac & sosoconfused You both want Simon to disfellowship me off the site ???
    I wont know where to go!!!!( Only to Jesus )

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

Nope, not at all. I'm pretty much an atheist these days. Although I'd love just to attend the religious services at a few different churches, not because I want to join or believe in anything, just to see what its like. JW's always claim that they are the only ones who have love amongst themselves etc and I'd like just to attend a Mormon service or a Catholic service because I'm sure that they aren't all fighting and brawling in the aisles as JW's would have us believe..

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

in reality, the ONLY thing that the old boozer, JF Rutherford, ever said that makes sense is "Religion is a snare and a racket."

For a guy that preferred to be known as "Judge" (not brother or pastor but judge) he was a slick racketeer.

• flipper
    flipper

No

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Nope. I'd say the only religion I even can even come close to relating to is Buddhism and that is because it doesn't require a belief in a deity.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Religion hit a sour note with me, tried a few years ago, they were stepping stones out of the WT, now I no longer need them for anything.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It took me 14 years, but I came around to the idea of attending a church. My husband and I have been attending a United Church of Christ (UCC). I am enjoying it so far, nice music, very welcoming. I am not sure I believe in God, and they are OK with that. I don't believe I have to absolutely believe in God to explore spirituality and belong to a faith based community. They do a lot of charitable things, and I am interested in getting involved with that. We are taking it slow, I want to be sure this is the right thing.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I'm done with religion and god. No interest in religion of any kind anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit