Are You Interested In Religion Of Any Sort At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 97 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

NOPE!

However I do see myself visiting a church someday because I have always had a penchant for rousing gospel music. That’s something I want to experience.

• minimus
    minimus

We are all religion end out.

• donny
    donny

No I am not. I did try the "traditional Christianity" route for a couple of years after leaving but then realized that all religion is a product of the active imagination of a creature called man.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

The crux of the matter for me NOW, was, as a jw, only knowing Yah-Hovah, the God of the wt. He certainly does "make" you, through his supposed "Channel" behave and be decent, or your'e out and discarded. The Christian, or "Christ-one" gets Jesus' words, "that we may be one with them, just as you and I are one (DOES NOT mean the old jw anti-Trinity claptrap of One and the Same!) : 2 Cor 6:16 onwards,"For we are the Temple of the Living God, As God said, " I WILL LIVE IN THEM".......v18 "And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the LORD Almighty." NLT. Now this was a whole new ball-game........The wt don't believe the indwelling of the Spirit so have removed all references from their translation. Gggggrrrr! - How were we supposed to know about it?? We could NEVER experience the "Abba! Father" moment. We were just spiritual orphans. It is not just to have Christ, but being IN Christ. That is why we eat the bread and drink the wine (or grape juice) - "eating My flesh and drinking My blood to have eternal life WITHIN you". "Behaving and being decent" becomes the norm for the "Christ-one". You can call this "religion" if you like, but there isn't a word glorious enough to describe it.

• Scully
    Scully

I have no intention of joining any religion ever again.

However, as an atheist, I do kind of enjoy looking at things religious people say and do that make me *facepalm*.

scully-facepalm

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I agree with every word of DJS's first 3 paragraphs. That is exactly where I am.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I agree...Religion is a snare. BUT!Being spiritual isnt.

I have gone to MANY churches to stand at the pulpit & give my testimony.Over 200
    Yep I took money for it also...Once they collected $475.00 ,That was a Baptise Church.
    But I AM spiritual. I Ask MY LORD & SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST to Guide,lead,direct me.
    HE does...... I dont go to any church but I do listen to DR Jerimiah(TV) whom I believe has
    a good word to say on the scriptures...

Bricks will be collected that are thrown at me for my ROCK garden

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Any religion that is influenced by the Jews, Christians, or Muslims is dead to me. And that includes versions of "pagan" religions that were tampered with by those three religious disasters.

• Giordano
    Giordano

"Not only does a mass movement depict the present as mean and miserable - it deliberately makes it so. It fashions a pattern of individual existence that is dour, hard, repressive and dull. It decries pleasures and comforts and extols the rigorous life. It views ordinary enjoyment as trivial or even discreditable, and represents the pursuit of personal happiness as immoral." Eric Hoffer

“It is startling to realize how much unbelief is necessary to make belief possible.” EH

So thats a no from me. GIO

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Giordano - Hi! Eric Hoffers words do not describe my life as a Christian church-goer at all! It is ALL joy and effervescence!! Life's a fizz baby! "It is startling to realise how ignorance of the on-going positive outcome of some-one' else's new life-choice can quickly generate a negative judgment". Me, lol. I wish everyone the happiness I possess, honestly.x.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit