Are You Interested In Religion Of Any Sort At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 97 Replies latest jw friends

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Romans 9:25-26

"Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’; 26 and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

[Name of Person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Romans 9:25-26

"Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’; 26 and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

[Name of Person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

• sspo
    sspo

No use for it. Don't need a make believe world!

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

John 16:1-4

"I have spoken these things to YOU that YOU may not be stumbled. 2 Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God. 3 But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me. 4 Nevertheless, I have spoken these things to YOU that, when the hour for them arrives, YOU may remember I told them to YOU.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

nope

• clarity
    clarity

After trusting a "religion" for many years .... it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

Never again!

• Mum
    Mum

My grandparents were very religious, and I was indoctrinated by the JW's from the age of 9. While I don't buy into all of the dogma, I am fascinated by religion itself. It amazes me that people argue more over the unknowable than anything they really have to deal with in daily life. I believe that religion does help some people, that it is a detriment and a burden to others.

Occasionally, I go to church. I find that I feel better afterwards, i.e., spiritually uplifted and ready to face the challenges of daily life once more. I don't know if it is because I grew up with religion, or if I have a genetic predisposition to religious experience.

If Taoism is a religion, I love its book, The Tao te-Ching. Reading it centers me, calms me, makes me feel acceptance of what is and contentment with my circumstances in life.

• jam
    jam

If there is a God, Jehovahs Witnesses will be called on

the carpet. You people have single handily turn people away

from me. What in the hell did you teach? Other religious groups

change religion, go to a different church. When they leave

your organization, they leave God entirely.

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

No, never want to be involved in organised religion after the JW cult. It put the icing on the cake for me i am afraid. I have seen enough thanks and yes its all of the devil about money, power and control.

Lozza

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Nope not in the least bit interested in religion, this one damaged me far too much to seek out another human run organization for answers they don't have. I had always seen the WT as my truth and salvation-a guiding light almost- but once that balloon popped, so did my religious desires.

Hasta la vista religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit