Your views and ideas on forum areas and organization?

by Simon 147 Replies latest forum announcements

• cantleave
    cantleave

Simon - Just to say, Thank you for putting the effort into this relaunch, I know how hard it is to find time to do anything outside of work, family and the home.

• Simon
    Simon
    It would be cool to go to the Members section and be able to organize members by the date that they joined

Yes, there will be name (with search for quicker finding), date joined, # of posts and eventually reputation / ranking (not leaderboard though as it should be a collaborative community rather than a competitive one).

what about an 'occult' section ?

Mmmn, personally I think the occult stuff is a turnoff and makes most people question the legitimacy of a site. I don't think it warrants it's own subject area and should be limited to the specific topics that discuss it.

linking to a specific post - I seem to recall that used to be do-able?

Yes, linking to a specific post will be possible but it will take you to the post inline with the topic, e.g. Your post above

Right now there is no UI for 'getting' the link other than the ones used to link to the latest replies in the topic listings but it shouldn't be much to add.

• *lost*
    *lost*

sorry, lol, didn't mean 'occult' in the negative, devil worship and all that.

but it is the opposite of christianity, and it does semm to have a lot of connections and tied in history with the shaping of the world and religions.

not even sure if occult is the correct word, 'supernatural' maybe. ? I dunno.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

After 14 years of successfully running this place, I place a great deal of faith in your own opinion on the future structure.

Continue the fine fight and whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be just fine.

• cofty
    cofty
    eventually reputation / ranking

Damn!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I expect MY reputation to be sterling...

• cofty
    cofty

I'm doomed!

• talesin
    talesin

We may be in a bit of a pissing match over one issue, but I would vouch for your reputation any day, Cofty! A+++

tal

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Can I suggest Twitter Button?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, I have thought for a while that there should be a 'Christian only' section, so those poor persecuted souls can converse in peace: instead of having to join other forums. And maybe a section for temporary threads that automatically get deleted after seven days, so people can chat & talk nonsense without cluttering up the forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit