Your views and ideas on forum areas and organization?

by Simon 147 Replies latest forum announcements

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Terry:

I would like more time to edit a Topic or a post.

Yes please.

Will the new system (no pun intended) show a notification when a private message is received?

Will it be possible to change profile details? (e.g. location)

It would be really (really) nice if there were more options for searching for previous posts too. (e.g. date range, poster)

• besty
    besty
    It would be really (really) nice if there were more options for searching for previous posts too. (e.g. date range, poster)

agreed - especially when the same poster has had 3 or 4 identities on JWN over the years - it would be nice to quickly find what their previous personas had to say on certain topics

• Simon
    Simon

hmmn, that would mean linking identities together. It's not something that I really want to promote so probably won't build that in. Really a person should have a single identity.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It would be nice to be able to modify our profile.

Also, if you could have a notification for when we have a PM and fix the glitch that requires us to click on the MAIL icon twice to view a PM, that would be good too.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the way things work and the proposed changes, Simon!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    hmmn, that would mean linking identities together. It's not something that I really want to promote so probably won't build that in. Really a person should have a single identity.

But will there be any improvement to search options?

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

Simon,

How about moving "Discuss anything Jehovahs Witness or WatchTower society related" from "Friends"? And maybe make it more specific to differentiate it from "Bible Research and Study Articles" and "Beliefs, Doctrines & Practices."

Separate "Personal Experiences" from "Reunions." Perhaps include experiences from newbies with others' experiences, or have it a subcategory. (I'm a near-newbie myself: MAYBE someday I'll actually write my own experience!)

Thanks for all your hard work.

• bigmac
    bigmac

god--why do i have to log in each time i want to reply.??

i think--the problem with this site--is its purpose--and identity.

is it a club for ex-j's to get together--chat--argue--compare recipes--tell bawdy jokes---?

or is it a first base for wavering dubs to dip their timid little toes into this apostate lake--?

these two purposes are poles apart---and need addressing.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, the search is already improved but there will be a lot more options coming to help find and filter things.

I think a separate introdctions area would definitely be good - friends is just way too vague and shouldn't include things that have their own specific area.

• Scully
    Scully

I'd love to modify/update my profile, using pics from photobucket or flickr or uploaded from my PC.

Also my email address that I first registered with is long gone, so any email notifications I may get or password retrievals etc wouldn't work for me.

A way of knowing at a glance when I have a PM, rather than having to go into my PMs to check, and possibly the option to receive PMs via email.

A preview function to check formatting of a post prior to posting would be lovely.

A subscribe to this thread/unsubscribe option, with possible email notification of thread activity, as well as a Like button (toggle on or off in case you click the like button by mistake).

• nugget
    nugget

When you access your mail and posts it should list the most recent first rather than the order you posted in. That would be a real help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit