Apostate: From 279 Facebook friends to 81 overnight... thanks MOM!

by sosoconfused 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good riddance to FB friends like that.

Facebook is a difficult place. You either cannot be free to be yourself, or you pay a price for being yourself.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Most of the dubs I had on FB have deactivated their accounts. If they unfriended me, they'd have to send me a message, because I wouldn't notice.

I'm shocked at what they said in their messages. Don't they realize that those can be printed or forwarded?

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Crazy right? Instead of welcoming a healthy debate of personal differences and opinion (yours based on fact of course) you get the ax. Sorry to hear but such is the price for unplugging from the Matrix.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

Wow! Sorry man, their attitude is so hateful! Crazy, people you think you know. Life is much better without all that drama.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

My 2 cents are to deactivate facebook or make a new acct.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I plan to gather them all up in an email and send said email to everyone I knew.

I will then change my facebook account and go underground.

I dont hate these people, I hate what they have become

• baltar447
    baltar447

Let us know via PM when you get your new facebook account so we can plug you into the ex-JW community on there.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

will do baltar - thanks for the love shown

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

It must really quite hurt to be hit by the realisation that these people that are meant to be your brothers and sisters really do not care about you in the slightest and will just drop and right you off at the drop of a bit of gossip.

It's quite disgusting and very hurtful.. bit something almost everyone in here has been through or are going through. losing one or two people in ones life can be pretty tough but when it's and entire herd of them it's a seriously horrible and agonising experience no matter how many may say: 'just forget them they are not worth it.'

It still hurts quite terribly. Instead of directing our anger and pain on them we always invariably turn it upon ourselves and direct this negativity right into our own hearts. Their entire system of love is actually a pre -shunning weapon set up and designed cause the maximum damage and agony.

It's the most cruel thing a so called Christina can ever do to another. Killing us would be less painful. you have my sympathy SoConfused you really do.. I have been through this already twice in my life and am in the middle of a 3rd wave. Fortunately I have no family in the Org and I consciously distanced and insulated myself from these fake and false friends as an insurance measure in preparation to limit their power over me psychologically and emotionally for what I know is coming up.

It's horrible though how people that call themselves loving and Godly can ever dream to behave like this and call it right. it's disgusting. Be strong..

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Something similar happened to me after I faded and quit going to KH. My wife ex-wife started telling her friends about my "apostate thinking" and that was it. De-friended in real life, like wildfire. I got a letter from my former roommate at Bethel telling me to "come back to Jehovah", etc. others heard rumors I had done this that and the other, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit