Apostate: From 279 Facebook friends to 81 overnight... thanks MOM!

by sosoconfused 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Your brother sounds like he has some issues with your financial position and ability to run a company. From my similar experience, my brother became totally two faced, even to the point of making up stories, and continued his character assasination on me for years before I found out, (or had proof).

In that time period, he was able to isolate my mother from any association with me or my family, many elder friends I had over the years suddenly stopped association (not all at once though) and he was stealing from the company, (not petty theft.)

In fact, one brother working for me for years called one night and told me that my brother was screwing me over, and I thanked him for reporting it to me. I would say to "proceed carefully", whatever you say or don't say, he will make something up to continue his character assasination. There is no telling what he has told people.

Your brother now has control over what people hear of "what you are saying" and of your "spiritual condition" as noted with your FB friends, and can and will make up anything necessary to advance his agenda, most likely destroying you. It is only starting with the FB "friends".

And witnesses talk about the anger issues and mental disease of apostates.

• blondie
    blondie

When there used to be looser jw discussion boards (Simon remembers those days) anonymity was important. Even being on any DB and being found out could get you in hot water.

I agree with the rest, those who judge you on the gossip of others are not good friends. I figure this and even becoming "inactive" filters out the good from the bad friends. And if they all leave, just find new ones. You don't choose your family, it's an accident of DNA.

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

soso, I would not replied to anyone at all. I did it few times in case of people, with whom I studied WT teachings..And I regreted. It sounded, as you would like to explain something, that they understood their own way and blamed either way.

IMO.

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

Your not the only one! same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago about 80% of my FB friends unfriended me without even contacting or asking me anything . Who know's what their saying about us, But look on the bright side you DONT need people like that in your life, your better off making REAL unconditional friends.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I dont hate these people, I hate what they have become

They aren`t any different than they were..

They were always willing to turn on a friend..

Your number came up,life goes on..

.............................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Stealth
    Stealth

Sorry for your pain.

I'ts better to have one real friend than one thousand conditional friends!

• Scully
    Scully

Wow, that's a better method than the old "I'm cleaning out my FB account over the next 2 weeks, let me know if I should keep you or cut you loose" status updates.

Mind you, I don't have enough JW contacts to make it worthwhile.

Your mother is a piece of work. Remember what I said about her sitting on your face and shitting down your throat?? It continues....

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm sorry you are going through this. But,they don't really care,if they did,they would be trying to build you up,instead of,tearing you down.

I'm sorry,but your mtoher should probably be on meds,or is she? I'm not involved in this ,but your family's reaction is just upsetting.

It just goes to show you can not trust cult members,not even family with your private thoughts.

• flipper
    flipper

SOSOCONFUSED- I'm sorry that you're getting this treatment my friend. Unfortunately it goes with the territory of gaining our freedom of mind and the wolves come out in droves trying to eat us up. Just remember we are here for you as a support unconditionally, O.K. ? Hang in there

• wasblind
    wasblind

This is a cult. And brainwashed family could easily stone thier own

to death outside the city gate if it wasn't against the law

By thier actions, your mother and brother has picked up the first stones

and has convinced others to follow

Thier brain has been washed clean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit