Apostate: From 279 Facebook friends to 81 overnight... thanks MOM!

by sosoconfused 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

The drama continues, I log on to facebook this morning and notice that I have about 20 some odd Personal Messages from people calling me an apostate to they will return to me when I return to Jehovah.

All of this based upon my brother informing others that I have "apostate thoughts". My mother also encourage long-time famil friends to "unfriend" me because I have taken my stand on the side of Satan... WOW

Don't you just love this international brotherhood

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Disgusting what this religion does. My heart goes out to you.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

It is actually becoming fun to see just how low people will stoop who said without hesitation they would give their life for me. If my wife wasn't onboard this would probably send me into a fit - thank GOD that she is with me

• StAnn
    StAnn

We're with you, too, soso. It's a long journey and it hurts when people who are *required* to love you turn their backs on you. Long story but I've put my mother out of my life completely. Sometimes, to live a life of integrity, you have to be willing to lose those who love you conditionally.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@StAnn - Sometimes, to live a life of integrity, you have to be willing to lose those who love you conditionally.

I like this

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

So much for coming to you first and asking, isn't that what they are supposed to do? Rather than take someone else's word for it? Regardless, it turns mt stomach.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

279 to 80 overnight? I am surprised I didn't think as many people even checked their Facebook that often. What sort of things did they say?

• Think About It
    Think About It

What a bunch of brain washed dopes. This kooky cult makes drastic changes in long held beliefs, because the Governing Body says, "they love this idea." and people are then Salem witch hunted for having "thoughts" and questions about the "new idea".

Stupid, life-wasting, family-destroying Cult.

• cantleave
    cantleave

No loss. Conditional friends can be replaced by those that really do care.

• nugget
    nugget

So after your brother said he wasnt going to talk about your business he went on to discuss you with others. Sounds very trustworthy to me. Your mother sounds a bit of a hysteric too. Desperate to bring you back in line but can't see what a bully she is being.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit