Apostate: From 279 Facebook friends to 81 overnight... thanks MOM!

by sosoconfused 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

marking

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SO SO CONFUSED:

I have something else to add:

On the topic of having SO many friends in general (not referring to FB), I feel this is plain unnatural. The whole concept is not normal and is really artificial.

All through the ages people had their families, relatives and maybe a few neighbors. In more modern times maybe it included some associates from work, church.

But, the Witness concept of having a boatload of "friends" is just bullshit. Nobody needs this ocean-liner amount of friends. Just a few genuine ones will suffice!

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Same thing happened to me. When my dad made one comment to his mom, not even really apostate, his mom went psycho and called all our family back east, next day I had some facebook messages like you mentioned and some unfriending. Typical JW response. The funny thing is my grandmother lied and said dad was an apostate and hubby and I got lumped in even though we did nothing wrong. I'm sorry you are going through this, it just plain sucks because we can't even get through the mind-control enough to try and make things right. I know it's hard right now, but you really don't need those type of friends. Peace to you! Shyla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit