Our Blondie Has A Torn Memiscus.

by LoisLane looking for Superman 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Sobeit
    Sobeit

My daughter had a torn memiscus years ago at age 17 and I wish I had taken her to Cleveland Clinic where the athletes were treated. She was

not given RX for therapy exercise which would have strengthed her leg muscles. After 45 years, she has metal replacing her knee joint and is doing well

Look for the best orthopedic doctor near you. Look on the Internet at the different major medical clinics' web sites and see what information you can glean.

Sometimes Angie's List is a good tool for doctors. There are web sites that rate doctors/physicians.

Wish Blondie the very best and knowing she is very intelligent, will make a good decision once the pain/discomfort subsides.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Hang in there Blondie- you are precious to so many. Get better!

• Mum
    Mum

Stay off that leg! Take good care of yourself and get well soon!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Our daughter was diagnosed with a torn meniscus several years ago. She had the surgery and when they got it in it was some other problem. She recovered well. Get the best doctor you can and do what he tells you.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hi, Sorry to hear Blondie is having problems.

My husband, Brother of the Hawk just went thru this last March. He had a torn meniscus. They tried the shots, steroids etc, he ended up having surgery. It only took 20 minutes. He was awake the entire time joking with the surgical staff and was walking/limping the next day. Within 3 days he was off of the crutches.

• Dagney
    Dagney

(((Blondie)))

(Heard "Heart of Glass" on the way into work today. Now everytime I hear Blondie, I think of you. )

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Feel better soon.

Knees are a tricky thing and mine bother me plenty.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Hope everything goes well with your knee procedure. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Open mind
    Open mind

If you've never take Hydrocodone (Vicodin) for pain before, make sure to load up on prunes or something similar as soon as you start taking it. Vicodin's constipating powers are not to be underestimated.

Wishing you a speedy path of treatment and recovery.

om

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I hope you get well soon Blondie. I had a very bad torn memscus back in 2010. I had to used a cane to walk because of the pain. In July of that year I had surgery on it and it took 2 months to heal and get back to normal. To this day I can feel if I strain it but so far it's holding. It's funny it got real bad while I was working on a KH on a RBC crew I worked with. That got me out of the RBC and the rest is history. Take care I feel for you it is very painful indeed. Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit