Our Blondie Has A Torn Memiscus.

by LoisLane looking for Superman 54 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

If you can't walk properly or straighten your leg, you need to get the broken cartilege (miniscus) removed asap via arthroscopic surgery. It is a quick operation, 30-30 mins. Just get it done asap, don't delay it for months hoping it will go away because it won't.

Good luck.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

If you have ligament involvement as well as this cartiladge, then consider what antibiotic you have taken in the past if you were also taking a steriod at the same time.

Two in my family have had severe ligament injury requiring surgery after taking the antibiotic in the fluoroquinolone family ( Cipro etc) while also on a steroid. Both people did not have a specific reason to point to for the inguries. It was only after reading abou the connection with this, and then finally a black box warning being placed on the antibiotics did we realize this was most likely the cause.

Just something to consider. I do hope your surgery goes well and the fix is highly sucessful!

• James Brown
    James Brown

I suspect I have a torn meniscus.

I think I tore it 2 months ago from playing too much soccer.

The pain can be tremendous, I have to take ibuprofen.

I have gone from playing soccr from 3 times a week to 1 time a week.

Now I am considering stopping soccer all together for month or two.

The down side to that is gettnig out of shape and getting fat.

I'm 60, I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Keep strugling with the pain or become a couch potatoe and still have the pain.

I know a lot of people including my wife who have had meniscus surgery and their knees are still

bad and essentially they are disabled from any kind of active life style.

I had rotator cuff surgery on my shoulder 2 years ago and after 4 months of therapy and 2 years time

my shoulder no longer aches or hurts as long as I don't lift any weights or do anything physical

but it will never be the same. Like the doctor told me, I'm no spring chicken.

It seems like I can play 1 90 minute soccer game a week and get through it if I take Ibupropin 2 hours before

the game then to deal with the pain I need 2 Ibupropanes the following day. But I can no longer play soccer 3 times

a week.

I don't go to the doctor for treatment because I know it will be a year maybe a liftetime of life altering experiences with

no particularly rewarding outcome.

If I stop playing, I will hurt and get fat and unhealthy. If I keep playing I will hurt and be thin and healthy.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I had this trouble in 2009 and had to have surgery. My knee seemed perfectly well again until this spring, and the pain and discomfort started again. For some reason, (well, I know, I had nothing else to drink, ha ha), so I drank Horsetail Herb hot tea. About a cup a day-- I sipped on this while at my desk. Well, lo and behold, my knee seems better. I even drove to Knoxville by myself. I'm not saying that this was the healer, but I want to give credit due where credit needs to be due. All the other posts are excellent, ice, elevation, etc. Steroids not so much as they cause other damages. Love. P.S. My son looked online and he said that Horsetail Herb was good for joints. Then the lightbulb went off in my mind. Maybe it was the ticket as they used to say on Saturday Night Live. Bye

• James Brown
    James Brown

I suspect hydration would be effective in treating a torn menicus.

I noticed my pain after I went from being heavily hydrated to becoming

a border line alcoholic, drinking 4 to 5 beers a day, which dehydrates me

and I suspect slows down my functioning and healing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit