Our Blondie Has A Torn Memiscus.

by LoisLane looking for Superman 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Adiva
    Adiva

I'm so sorry about your injury. I know your hubby will want to take care of you and you will let him. Only cuz you deserve it!

((Hugs))

Adiva

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Get well soon.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Get well soon Blondie !!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Ooooo, ouch! That sounds nasty! Get well soon, Blondie.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

blondie, have you been offered surgery? I have a radial meniscal tear from a recent injury and have opted for surgery asap as I have a very annoying piece of cartilage traversing my knee whenever I do certain movements and this produces a lot of swelling and pain. will let you know how it goes.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

GET WELL BLONDIE!

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks all, it has been a great help. I am trying the shots just before I go on vacation. Then when I get back see if that carries me through the end of summer. Being on crutches will impact on my job and I will have to apply for FLMA to keep my nazi employer off my back. While I wish you had not had your experiences, it has helped me psychologically.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something--if it ain't one thing, it's another."

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

Blondie, hope the shots work and you enjoy your vacation.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Great advice given. I had a torn meniscus a couple of years ago and found a great sports dr. He did an excellent job but one thing I failed to do was go to PT. I was so sick of doctors and just got in a funk and didn't go so I am paying for it now. I am sure scar tissue has formed in there because sometimes it gets stuck and it hurts to move it and I hear crunching at times. So, if you have surgery, make sure you do the PT they suggest. My daughter in law just went through a torn meniscus and ACL and that was a rough surgery because it required bolts and the removal of something in the back of her leg to reconstruct her ACL. Make sure you prop it and ice it. Hang in there. You will be up walking real soon.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

blondie

after some thought I have also decided to to try the hydrocortisone injections first. Surgery seems a little drastic at the moment and I do have time to get it done later. My surgeon has said that some people seem to be better off with injections and that surgery does carry a small risk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit