Our Blondie Has A Torn Memiscus.

by LoisLane looking for Superman 54 Replies latest jw friends

• pixel
    pixel

Hope you feel better Blondie!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Blondie , Give me a call if you still have my number !

I tore the meniscus in my knee last summer and waited until November to have surgery ,DON't wait that long if surgery is suggested . It has taken mine almost eight months to finally feel normal again (surgery relieved the worst of the pain immediately ) but getting the achiness to go away has taken time , i hear everyone is different .

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I had the surgery twenty years ago or so. It was fine, I healed pretty quick. it has a tendency to swell a bit if I do much and few years ago I started getting arthritis in that knee knee and a lot of pain, but I did a round of anti inflammatory meds and it cleared up and no problems since. I find its best if I walk a lot, if you build up the muscles in your legs it keeps the knee more stable and that helps prevent further problems.

• Ding
    Ding

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

(((Blondie)))

• Gayle
    Gayle

Blondie,,so sorry to hear of this. My daughter tore her ACL knee area,,had to have surgery,,was harder than we could even expect. Took a long time to strengthen. She was 17 then.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Three weeks before I could go down the stairs. I couldn't believe how long it has taken to get about 70% back.

Finally had an MRI and freaked out at the confined space and cancelled out. "Here's your call button Mr. Gio" the teck told me, just buzz us if there's a problem". She barely left the room before I hit that button. Looked up MRI's when I got home and found they have 'open' units. Rescheduled and it was great.

Not enough damage to operate but serious enough, I am moving around now but trying to make sure I don't reinjure it.

How am I doing? 'Problems with joint pain?' are my new pop ups. Other wise I am doing better. Hope you get back on your feet ASAP.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

as someone that has suffered from bad knees for years i feel your pain.i use to keep my knees wrapped with ace bandages but lately i've stopped doing that.started exercising the knee joint with weights and i've seen some improvement but you need surgury get it done right away.I bet i need surgury too but i'm going to delay it as long as possible.Bad knees run in my family on my mother's side everyone no matter what age height ,weight has bad knees.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

No suggestin except take it easy and take care and hope pain disappears soon.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Get well soon Blondie!

We 'knee'd to know you're ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit