Friend gets "scriptural divorce" over wifes transgressions before they got married...

by sosoconfused 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• piztjw
    piztjw

I don't know your friend from a hole in the ground, however I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to believe him. It sounds like someone making excuses for what they are doing and trying to blame anyone else for it. But IF he is telling the truth, then the so-called elder that laid this load of shit on him is lying through his teeth (no surprise there either). I knew a guy who now lives in Texass who got all pizzy about his wife's previous daliances because she didn't give him a blow-by-blow (pun intended) account of each one of them. The new breed of jw is one (F)(U)(C)(K)(E)(D) up bunch of nitwits!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Wow, if the society has gone from homosexual sex not being grounds for divorce (in the 70s) to a quick fumble BEFORE marriage being ok to divorce...

just wow.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

unless her next words were "i think you need to get tested", she should have kept her fool mouth shut. 2 years is ancient past. and god bless a woman who likes to give up some nookie. this should be encouraged.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

How can it be a transgression against her husband she was only checking out the goods on the shelf first before marriage . I nearly always squeeze the product before purchase just to check for freshness you understand I don't want anything out of date or malfunctioning.

It sounds like a load of bollocks.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I had never heard this either... Married under false pretense is what they told him.

as regards strippers and lap dancing that was from my elders school from instructors mouth.

crap is ridiculous

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

if you are baptized and commit a gross sin in 1990 and you don't tell till 1995 you would still be judged. (just using dates as examples)

apparently she never told him about it until the day she decided to confess. I can see her being disciplined... But divorce. Naaaah

• nugget
    nugget

Quire frankly if he lets himself be encouraged to divorce his wife over this then he needs to get a backbone. A marriage is a bond you stand together against the world, you love one another and you forgive one another and understand that each of you will make mistakes.

This is a minor thing that happened when she was inactive and younger. The elders are so pompous and self righteous and destroyed a marriage they are beneath contempt.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Omg, another marriage destroyed by wt pharisaism.

I like what nugget said. If he does happen to grow a backbone, he can always remarry her. But, i'm sure that she would require him to work for it, the next time.

S

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The wife should just inform the Elders that she expects a "get ot of jail free card", the same one the Elders get.

"Shepherd The Flock" book (Elder's manual), page 38:

19. If it comes to light or an appointed brother confesses that he has committed a disfellowshipping offense years in the past, The body of elders may determine he can continue to serve if the following is true: The immorality or other wrongdoing occurred more than a few ago, and he is genuinely repentant, recognizing that he should have come forward immediately when he sinned. (Perhaps he has even confessed to his sin} seeking help with his guilty conscience.) He has been serving faithfully for many years, has evidence of God's blessing, and has the respect of the congregation.

20. If the sin occurred before he was appointed as an elder or a ministerial servant, the elders will need to take into consideration the fact that he should have mentioned this possible impediment to his qualified when elders interviewed him just prior to announcing his appointment. Moreover, the nature of the sin may reflect greatly on his qualification to serve. For example, the sin may involve past child abuse, and this would likely disqualify him for years.-w971/1 pp. 26-29; w77 pp. 697-698.

Oh, I forgot, Elders don't roll by the same rules the rank-and-file must follow. Never mind.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This past winter when The Elders Secret Hand Book was posted, I recall that it mentioned Elders, if you have a secret sin that has not been uncovered for 3 (three) years, then you are good to go. Jehovah is using you (no pun intended lol) to help His (I think that was changed last Oct 2012 to the Governing Body's...Organization lol).

Guy's - Guy's - Guy's This is a man made up religion. They keep making "stuff" up as they go along.

The higher ups have to Lord it over somebody. lol No fun having "power" if you aren't allowed to use it.

There are 2 things here, that we are talking about.

1) A sweetheart, naive Sister, who wants to do right by Jehovah and her husband, blatantly seeks forgiveness for her supposed grievance of spirit. For what? She touched, stroked...nibbled or more, a fellow believers ding dong that she was in love with, for pity's sake. That is only a "crime" in Watchtower Land.

2) Said (sad?) boyfriend liked her Big Blue Eyes...that "Jehovah? created? her to have" stuck right out front on her like head lights. So he notices. Good for him. He has good eye sight. And good for him, his hands worked too. There is no "crime" here.

What perverts those Elders are. I would bet real money, those creepy Elders did more, possibly with more Sisters, they just don't tell.

Brothers and Sisters...Lurkers...Private stuff means PRIVATE. If we are talking children that is of course different. What two consenting adults do in private, is not the Elder's business. If they want to know, they are perverts.

Do you really think God? cares what you do sexually? No And No And No And No.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit