Friend gets "scriptural divorce" over wifes transgressions before they got married...

by sosoconfused 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• mP
    mP

@Blondie

Ruth had sex with Boaz before they got married. She also gave him a BJ on advice from good Naomi. Apparently Ruth's BJ were so legendary she got a special mention as one of Jesus ancestors.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I have a feeling your friend is going to regret this in the longrun. He should think it over. Either that,he already has his eye on someone else.

But,this whole situation upsets me,since I hear of Witness women being encouraged to stay with their abusive husbands,even risking their lives.

These elders seem to actually encourage a divorce here.

Plus,if the tables were turned and it was an elder who committed a sin before becoming an elder,they could let it slide. Since,"holy spirit" appointed him,it must mean all is forgiven.

It certainly is a man's world in the Watchtower.

These elders don't seem too concerned for his wife's spritual health. They are basically kicking her to the curb. We know it's for the best. But,I doubt after this,she would want anything to do with her husband or the organization. And I wouldn't blame her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit