Friend gets "scriptural divorce" over wifes transgressions before they got married...

by sosoconfused 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• scary21
    scary21

This has got to be one of the caziest things I have ever heard !

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"I do know however that if a brother who is married goes to a strip club and pays for a lap dance it is considered adultery. This was told to us by our instructor at the week long elders school."

Soso, what about the question of if there was "penetration"? The elders always like to ask this in their committee meetings. It sounds like they are bluffing to keep the elders inline, that's just too much fun.

• Scully
    Scully

sosoconfused

Your friend needs to hear that what happened before he knew his wife is ANCIENT HISTORY. I bet there are boobs that he fondled and girls he French kissed before he met his wife too, that he didn't disclose to her.

When you get married, you promise to be faithful to your partner 'from this day forward' - it has no basis for dredging up the past and digging through a person's private life. Starting a marriage is about looking forward, not fixating on the past.

It just goes to show you what kind of vindictive, sadistic perverts have been Appointed By Holy Spirit™ to meddle in a couple's relationship like this. HOW DARE THEY tell him that he ought to be offended or that he should seek a Scriptural Divorce™ based on this trifling bit of ANCIENT HISTORY. It's not like she was gang-banging or prostituting herself to help make ends meet while Pioneering™.

How was manipulating him like this an act of LOVE? How is destroying this couple's marriage like this supportive, loving or even kind?

Whatever happened to "What God has yoked together let NO MAN put apart"??

How much you wanna bet that one of those blathering idiot Elders™ fantasizes about your friend's wife and would love to have her hands on his dick?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"How much you wanna bet that one of those blathering idiot Elders™ fantasizes about your friend's wife and would love to have her hands on his dick?"

That's what I was thinking, some elder wants the wife!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

" THe brothers then went on to inform him that because she had committed this act and didn't tell him before they were engaged to be married that the foundation of the marriage was false. "

NEVER heard of this before. Does every witness who gets married have to own up to every little thing they did?

It sounds like a brand new way for witnesses to get around the stupid rules about divorce.

Is the sister going to be df'd?

If not, prepare for a flood of 'remembered' dalliances prior to marriage.

What a ridiculous thing.

" I do know however that if a brother who is married goes to a strip club and pays for a lap dance it is considered adultery. This was told to us by our instructor at the week long elders school. "

NO WAY; are you serious? A lap dance??

• Quandry
    Quandry

If he is so easily swayed by the elders and is willing to end his marriage over this he doesn't deserve her. She was trying to be honest with her husband and instead gets set upon by a pack of dogs.

I remember a thread some time ago discussing pedophiles that in the elders manual in states that if an elder had sexually abused a child but had not confessed, but had gone on to be "exemplary" or some such term, that he need'nt be disfellowshipped.

Yep, good ole boys network....

I hope she leaves this jerk and joins us on the forum.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

" I remember a thread some time ago discussing pedophiles that in the elders manual in states that if an elder had sexually abused a child but had not confessed, but had gone on to be "exemplary" or some such term, that he need'nt be disfellowshipped.

Yep, good ole boys network.... "

Exactly, but that is an ELDER, not a peon like you and me.

Every witness needs to wise up and NEVER EVER tell the elders anything about their sex life, not a single thing.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Never heard of this.

Never heard of the lap dance being "adultry" either, don't have my Elders book handy but I'll take a look at the terms and conditions listed there tomorrow.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

" Never heard of the lap dance being "adultry" either, don't have my Elders book handy but I'll take a look at the terms and conditions listed there tomorrow."

It's not in there, must be 'written in the margins.'

• Scully
    Scully

"I do know however that if a brother who is married goes to a strip club and pays for a lap dance it is considered adultery. This was told to us by our instructor at the week long elders school. "

That's got my BS detector on red alert. There's no way in HELL they'd make it that easy for a WIFE to get a Scriptural Divorce™.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit