Who I really am, my story on YOUTUBE!

by Gojira_101 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

I do want to say I had this thought that I'd be having calls from our elders by now and I've heard nothing and the JW's who are "friends" (the ones who don't know about me yet), I have gotten nothing. So either the rumor spread to them and I just didn't get any emails/letters from them or they are good little JW's and are not on this site.

I find this interesting! The state where I live though, from what I can see hasn't had a lot of apostates. The last time hubby and I went to a DC there was no one holding signs, so maybe the elders here don't know how to handle the mentally diseased apostates because there hasn't been many.

Shyla

• Simon
    Simon

I think most have moved past the signs & banners at assemblies - it's mostly online now as it reaches more people and doesn't fall into the trap of fitting the sterotype of apostates that the WTS has painted.

Reaching into peoples homes where they can read, watch or listen in secret is a very powerful weapon. It trumps the control the WTS has through a weekly meeting.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Simon I was one of the signs & Banner people out side conventions, Bethel,But most of us has
    gotton to old to walk,or died, So we found your site. BOY!!!!! We had arrived at paradiise earth

• Simon
    Simon

We're glad you found us mouthy!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Great video, wonderful that you got out with your husband and parents. Sad the rest of your family has taken their position against you, but that's what they're programmed to do (honestly it doesn't sound like you're missing out on much. . .)

Best of luck to your husband in school.

BOC

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

Shyla, I admire your courage. Our stories are almost identical! For now, I am going to vicariously enjoy your publically sharing your story on YouTube. I have been out a little longer than you but am not at the point of doing a video yet...we'll see. So proud of you!!!

nicsfreedom

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

I know this recent DC in Tuscon AZ a few weeks ago had sign holders. So it is still going on. I think reaching people through the internet is the best way because if there is a JW on the fence who wanted to talk to the "apostate" they will be too scared to that someone will see them.

At least here, you can still keep your id secret.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

breakfast of champions: They are not real friends. It still hurts because I was close to my one grandmother and her shunning me is hurting the most, but everyone else I could care less about. I hate people who are two face and conditional. That is who my JW friends were. It was a conditional friendship. I will be your friend as along as you are a JW. I don't need people like that in my life.

Thanks for the comment!

Shyla

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

nicsfreedom: I was very sacred and in fact I gave the dvd to my mom to mail to Ray Publisher. I'm not even sure if I could have mailed it. But I do have to say now, I feel liberated! A lot of the residual fear I had with WT is gone now. I can't even describe how good this feels knowing I took back my life. I knew at some point I was going to get DF'ed so why not make it on my terms. At least now when I get df'ed I still have the control and power in my own hands.

You will know when you are ready to make your own video. There is no rush. But I would suggest go ahead and make one, but just don't publish it. You would be surprised how just getting those feelings out in the open (down on paper or on a video) help. I felt a lot better after just recording my video and then when it was publish....geez I broke down and cried because I finally felt like me...and again I cried the first time I signed my real name to a post.

Take your time

Shyla

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Update: It's been 16 days since my video came out and no fallout yet. So I guess my x-friends and elders are being good little Christians and not coming on these evil apostate websites....

I actually thought I would have had a call or visit by now. Maybe they are not after me.

Shyla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit