Who I really am, my story on YOUTUBE!

by Gojira_101 94 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Excellent video. Shyla you talk in a very calm and reasonable manner and I think people who are in the process of finding out TTATT will find the video highly worthwhile. You nicely pace your account too. Well done!

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

Great video, thanks for sharing. It amazes me how some witnesses will shun family and friends when they're not even disfellowshipped. Crazy.

Like your tatoo by the way. :)

• DJS
    DJS

Well done. I know the WT has taken a lot from you, but you have an entire life and world ahead of you now. Live it. You are young, attractive intelligent and capable of doing whatever you want in life. Go(Girl)Jira!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Congratulations on coming out publicly.

Maybe many more will follow suit, having nothing more to lose.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I find it difficult to understand what it was exactly that made you realise JWs don't have the truth. Because of the Reasoning book's handling of the subject of the cross? It seems a pretty strange reason. Most people probably leave for social reasons rather than purely doctrinal reasons. So I guess it was the friend of your parents who influenced your family to leave. Who was that and how did they convince you? Plus probably family issues with your grandmother probably played a large part, as you indicated.

I am not so fond of this expression "TTATT". It sounds even worse than it reads on the screen.

But I'm really pleased for you since you have managed what I have failed to do: to make a clean break from the JWs. I wish you well in constructing a new sort of life for yourself.

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Your conviction and integrity ate inspiring. May your bravery inspire others to take a stand and "walk in their integrity" too. Good luck!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Love you Shyla and SO proud of you. Slimboyfat: It wasn't just the fact about the 'Cross' in the Reasoning Book, it was the realization that EVERY [...] the WTBT$ has in their literature is 'cherry-picked'. Which is designed to lead us, to believe something other than what the original writer or source was stating. Which now becomes what the WT boldly accuses apostates of speaking 1/2 truths & lies. So in reality the WTBT$ by doing [...] is actually speaking 1/2 truths & lies. So in reality how can God support and bless an organization that is doing this very thing they condemn? The link below is to the reference book quoted in the Reasoning book under the heading 'Cross': http://archive.org/stream/theimperialbible01unknuoft#page/376/mode/1up A better scan of those pages can be found at: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/cross-or-stake.php Just scroll down to the subheading 'Deceptive Quotes'

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you Clarity!

You make a good point, what would happen if there was a mass group reveal? For my own reasons of doing this is to break the chains the WTBTS has over me. And mostly to show I am not afraid. I know at some point the elders are going to come knocking but why should I free them? They certainly don't have God's blessing, they are certainly NOT God's spirit directed organization. To me there is nothing to fear.

Gojira....whoops...Shyla. Have to get used to that :)

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you exwhyzee!

I will forever have the scars from WTBT$ because they are the ones who shaped the first 29 years of my life and I've finally admitted to myself that will always be who I am...or who I was....I will always have those memories and pain, but the best thing for me was accepting it and trying to move on with my life.

I'm not saying I have it all figured out, and I doubt I ever will, but I can only be myself now and continue to live and be happy with my parents and my husband.

Shyla

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

integ thank you for the comment.

Being a Witness for almost 30 years I of course do know all the terminology. I know how the Society works. I know the language of the "truth" all Witnesses speak. Myself in trying to break free from the Society and breaking away from the "truth" I am trying very hard not to use their language. Even now I hate it when I catch myself when I say "my worldly friends." I'm still trying to break free from all of the indoctrination I have received since I was born, the Society doesn't control me and I choose to not give them that respect, so I just call them Watchtower now....or when I post comments on here I use WTBT$ or WT.

I just don't want to use their language anymore, simple as that.

Shyla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit