Who I really am, my story on YOUTUBE!

by Gojira_101 94 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
  • steve2
    steve2

The freest anyone ever is occurs when they care enough about their integrity to search for the truth.

The most enslaved anyone ever is occurs when they are constrained enough to announce they've found the truth and, to protect their pride, stop the search.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

exwhyzee That was awesome, but you just need to rap it out and record it! There is a gentleman I watched his YouTube video and he did some music/rap about his experiences. Maybe get in touch with him and he can rap it for you.

That's pretty cool! Me like!

• flipper
    flipper

GOJIRA- I have to tell you : I watched your youtube a 2nd time with my 28 yr.old inactive JW son who hasn't attended for 10 years like myself. He really liked it as well ! By the time your youtube was over I was so touched I was in tears with those tears streaming down my face as I thought of my 2 daughters 26 and 24 who are still trapped in the cult. My son gave me a hug and we both told each other that " you never know, this may be our sisters or daughters making a youtube some day ". One can only keep up hope ! Good job sis. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

3 dogs 1husband. I pm'ed you back :)

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you Mr. Flipper! I'm sorry it made you cry! I know it doesn't look like it too much on the video but the whole time I was on the verge of tears also. It was very hard not to cry myself while telling my story. I hope one day it is your daughters who are telling their story. All we can do is hope and pray one day they can break free for the control.

I look forward to one day meeting you Flipper. My husband and I are hoping to save up for next years Apostatefest. I really want to meet many of you in person. If this year would have been one State closer we could have done it.

Shyla

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

It was very hard for me to talk about not being able to have children on my video so I didn't go into detail...but 3 months after my husband and I got married he had a vasectomy. There were some complications, that shouldn't have happened and we know he could have it reversed, but he's not wanting to go through the pain on a "it might work." I don't want him to go through that pain again either on a small chance he could go back to "normal." Plus the percentage of a reversal working now is very low.

As far as I know, I can have children but I don't feel right using a donor because it won't be my husbands child. We would of had some beautiful kids.

Shyla

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

problemaddict:

I never was officially in the ASL Hall. I had gone a few times to some of their meetings, but since I'm an actual working ASL interpreter, I distanced myself from the ASL Hall because well I didn't want to deal with the ethical side of it since I work with the deaf everyday. I didn't want to call on someone on Saturday trying to preach to them and then Monday morning be interpreting for them at a medical appointment. I only ever went out in FS with the ASL hall once and it's funny because the one sister (she's at Bethel right now from what I hear working in the ASL dept) she was working as an interpreter too and I could see the conflict with the code of ethics we have to follow, and I just wasn't going to do that.

Shyla

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for sharing! (and welcome to the board)

I know it's tough when they have pulled the rug out from under your life and you've lost friends and family ... but life get's better and you appreciate the real friends you can now make - they are so much nicer than the fake-cutouts you had (if they were anything like ours).

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I still cry every time I watch her video I remember thinking that poor family, oh yeah, it's us! But I know almost everyone on here has or is going thru the same thing.

Big hug for everyone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit