Who I really am, my story on YOUTUBE!

by Gojira_101 94 Replies latest jw friends

• no lies please
    no lies please

Love this! Great video. Very nicely prepared.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Right simon! I can see now they never were real friends. It's like you said, cutouts!

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Awesome vid Gojira101, really appreciated your sincerity and related so much to your emotions about being true to yourself.

Thank you

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Gojira.......It is nice to put a face to your name. I enjoyed the warm, heartfelt video, I am sure it will help a lot of peple who may be sitting on the fence. As you say, "freedom is worth the price we oay"

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Freedom always comes at a high price! All I can ask for is some can learn from us and maybe can escape with minimal damage. Or just help someone. That is all I wish for.

There has been some thing nagging at me about my uncle and I think that will be my next video...telling his story as best I can.

Thank you both for watching!

Shyla

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Shyla, I love your real name. I wanted to thank you for putting yourself out there. It was a very courageous thing to do and I am sure others will benefit from this. One thing that makes me sad is when young people give up their dreams of having a family for this religion. I really hope your dream of having a family will come true. You are fortunate you found out TTATT while you are young and can enjoy the rest of your life. My husband and I came out together too after last summers DC. Your parents are probably a little younger than we are but I know it is such a blessing that all four of you came out together. I too try not to use the cult language anymore but it is easy to slip back into it from time to time. I think it is wonderful your husband is going to college and your career is opening up new doors for you. It will get better and continue to do the positive things you are doing in your life to make it a better and happier life.

• talesin
    talesin

I just don't want to use their language anymore, simple as that.

Shyla

What a heroine!

Thank you, sistah, how great is that!

(and I DON'T mean "sistah" in the Watchtower sense).

Keep on keepin' on!

xoxoxo

tal

• Awakened @ Gilead
    Awakened @ Gilead

Thank you for sharing. I watched the ASL part of the vid and understood most of it (I was in an ASL cong for my last 2 years as a JW).

I can relate to finding out one lie, and then having all the other dominoes fall when you realize it's all BS.

I can also relate to the vasectomy. I almost got one myself.

A@G

• jhine
    jhine

Shyla , you go girl ! never bin a witness , am a Christian , and I will be your friend , just like all the others on this site .

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you Aunt Fancy! I know so many people have said it's nice to put a face to the name! How I got my name is kind of a funny story. I was supposed to be a boy so my parents were going to name me Shiloh, and well surprise! So they just changed it to Shyla, they thought they made it up but come to find out it's a Native American name meaning "wild pony." Who knew?

When my parents, hubby and I get together for my birthday we are going to take a family picture and post here. I keep telling them, "we need to show people what an "apostate family" looks like. LOL.

My dad is going to be 52 in August and my mom just turned 50.

We all are just trying to rebuild our lives and My hubby and I are hoping to start a family soon through adopting. But we will see what happens.

Shyla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit