Who I really am, my story on YOUTUBE!

by Gojira_101 94 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Just watched it...

Thatta girl!!!!! Congratulations. :)

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Good job Shyla!! it takes serious guts to do that. even tho the WT cant hurt you anymore, it still brave.

I 100% identify with what you were saying about not using their language anymore. i was just thinking yesterday about all the little things that seem normal when youre in, but are really sooo bat s**t crazy in reality. the WT's own little language is one of those things.

i think too, using "WT" instead of the "witnesses" helps me to keep in mind who exactly my issues are with. a lot of innocent people are witnesses, theyre not bad, they are just blinded. The WT on the other hand bears the guilt.

anyhoo, good job and congratz!

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

I'm so proud of you! I haven't truly ever been "in", just baptized because of pressure and df'd 11 months later. But even though I haven't been "in", there were/are those little bits of brainwashing that have tickled my subconscious and come up once in a while. I just want to say that I'm so glad to have you as a BFF and that I am so grateful that you have opened my eyes, even though I'm just "inactive" like you, I can still have that freedom from the cult. I love you, and now I can use Shyla. :) Awesome video.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you everyone for the kind comments! I wish I had time to respond to each of your comments but I'm only home for a bit then have to go out again.

So basically finding the one lie with WT is what did for me. I left because I could NOT stomach taking in the lies anymore. Here soon my parents will start making videos and telling their story and I'll leave all the juicy details to them. But I will say as JW we went through hell with the JW's in the hall and with the elders in each of the congregations we were in. It wasn't for social reasons we left. The social aspect of the "wrong" we saw with the JW's we just chalked it up to imperfections of people. We never once thought that it went all the way to the top. We believed this was Jehovah's chosen organization, but then when the lies are uncovered, well then how can God support lies?

It feels very liberating to come out and say who I am and I'm actually shocked so many have commented and watched my video. I told my mom I would bee happy if 10 people watched it.

Thank you everyone! It's still scary but it's not being scared of WT, its being sacred because I'm opening myself for others to see many of my inner most feelings that I have only shared with my husband, parents and my best friend (Stubborn Disbeliever), it's just scary for me because those feelings are out in the open now for anyone to see. I certainly don't regret this because I want to help people escape from WT and to be free and if I have to bare soul, so be it. But it still is scary as hell!

Thank you againneveryone. I have read all your comments, I just can't take the time right now to reply to them all.

Shyla

• whathappened
    whathappened

Loved your video. I am 59 and just got out 2 1/2 years ago. I spent the first 57 years of my life serving this publishing house. Glad you got out while you are still young enough to enjoy what you have left and are no longer a slave to the organisation.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

ASL is a pretty tight knit group. If you were in an ASL congregation (as I once was), news will travel fast. The good news is they will also watch your video if you send it to them.

• His Excellency
  • 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Great VID :) wellcome to the real world! Its funny I have never heard TTATT spoken as "ttatt" before it was little different to hear someone say "ttatt" i allways say "the truth about the truth" and never say it as "tat" interesting - am i the only one?

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Oh and you have a PM from me!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Its funny I have never heard TTATT spoken as "ttatt" before it was little different to hear someone say "ttatt" i allways say "the truth about the truth" and never say

it as "tat" interesting - am i the only one?

Yeah...me either, I just said the letters in my mind as I read them. It was new to me to hear Shyla say them outloud. Sure is a lot faster to say it that way huh ? LOL!.

Someone should do a rap song about it.....(don't mind if I do )

TTATT (by exwhyzee)

I thought I had "The Truth" and that was that,

until one day I heard about TAT.

What's TAT you say? Well haven't you heard?

It's about what people did, to twist God's word.

We don't know why they did it, nobody knows,

but they seemed really nice, that's usually how it goes.

B'fore you know it, yeah before you know what's happened,

little by little it's your mind they've been a' trappin'.

They show you a scripture and do some explainin',

bout' 1914 when Jesus started reignin'.

The only thing is, the way they did their countin'

didn't add up , so the lies they kept a' mountin'.

They covered em' up with one thing then another,

and they sold them one by one, to each Sister and each Brother.

Around the globe, though the news slowly traveled,

we found out about TAT, then the whole thing unraveled.

When ya' hear about TAT , let's just say it's not fun,

if you tell a soul about it, it's you they're gonna'shun.

There's more to this story, be sure about that.

But there's no goin' back once you know about TAT.

(Verse two anyone?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit