The Watchtower Writers need to answer this question "Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history!"

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Isidore
    Isidore

Billy, what doesPope Benedict (before he was even a priest) wearing a Nazi youth unifrom have to do with him now? Bethel reasoning still ruling the day? Don't need to answer, I've seen your posts for myself.

Go do some research instead of digging for isolated phtos. Pius XII saved more than 850,000 Jews by ordering monastaries and convents to open their sanctuaries and hide as many of them as they could.

"But Rome didn't do enough. They shopulda, woulda, coulda!!" Rome decried everything the Nazis were doing. Do some real research. All you've proven is that men, like you and I, are sinful.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Billy, what doesPope Benedict (before he was even a priest) wearing a Nazi youth unifrom have to do with him now? Bethel reasoning still ruling the day? Don't need to answer, I've seen your posts for myself.

Isidore - you aren't fit to stand upwind of Billy's shit on this forum. Billy's contributions have been immense, yours by comparison are pollen in the wind.

• Isidore
    Isidore

Shew, I was hoping I wouldn't be DOWNWIND of his immense intellect. You guys are too advanced for me.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You guys are too advanced for me.

At least you know your place.

• Isidore
    Isidore

Yep, heaven.

• steve2
    steve2
    Yep, heaven.

Say "Hi" to my lovely JW mother when you're there. She was a real sweetie who died 2 years ago and continued to believe she was one of the anointed. She was also a real lady who refused to bow to pressure from the organization to shun her children.

• Isidore
    Isidore

Embrace Christ and that way you can hi to her yourself.

• Giordano
    Giordano

IF anyone still gives a crap: http://www.nobeliefs.com/speeches.htm

Hitler's speeches and proclamations, even more clearly, reveal his faith and feelings toward a Christianized Germany. Nazism presents an embarrassment to Christianity and demonstrates the danger of faith. The following words from Hitler show his disdain for atheism, and pagan cults, and reveals the strength of his Christian feelings:

Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922
    "My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited. "

• steve2
    steve2
    Embrace Christ and that way you can hi to her yourself.

Hey Isidore, thanks for the offer, but I have to decline. It's a momentarily tempting offer to be sure (who wouldn't want the embrace of a supernatural spiritual Sugar Daddy who takes care of all one's earthly worries?). However, I outgrew fairy stories in my childhood. That said, I grant for some people, fairy stories are both necessary and immutably linked to their sense of safety in a world that does not offer promises of certainty and security were it does not exist.

Thanks again for the kind offer, though. Like JWs, the Mormons, Christadelphians, 7th-Day Adventists et al,, your well-meaning need to proslytize shines through.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

George Orwell once wrote in one of his brilliant essays (and I paraphrase), “you cannot understand the nature of the modern world unless you understand the nature of nationalism”. The modern world to him was the mid 20th Century, but the principle holds true for all ages. Virtually all wars over the last two centuries (and most before that) have been fought for the Fatherland (or Motherland), either in defence of, or for the expansion thereof. Whether Hitler or Stalin were born again Christians or hard boiled atheists is totally irrelevant. The vast majority of combatants in all of these wars were theists, simply because they outnumbered atheist by a considerable margin. But that too is totally irrelevant, because they were not fighting for an ism, they were fighting for their Father/Mother Land, i.e. for Nationalism (some might like to use the more acceptable word Patriotism, but to me they are same thing).

To say that “atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history” is as stupid as it is wrong (and that is putting it politely). In all of these wars theists and atheists fought side by side for their given Nation. Nationalism is the driving force, and nationalism is the prerogative of neither group – some of the most rabid nationalists can be found in the fundamentalist wings of both Christian and Muslim religions, which is why they often fight amongst themselves. They can also be found among athiests. And while there have been wars fought purely for the defence or expansion of a religion, there has never been a war fought by atheist for similar objectives. In fact, there has never been a war fought for the principles of atheism at all.

AA, if you (or the Christian Science Monitor) want to attack Dawkins and his like, then please use something more sensible. For example, Dawkins said in one of his lectures (again paraphrased), “good people do good things and bad people do bad things, but to get good people to do bad things takes religion”. This is a deliberate half truth, said no doubt because of his disdain for religion, but it is quite obvious that political ideologies (Fascism, Nazism, Communism etc) have produced the same effects. So perhaps you might like to debate whether the real force behind the mass murders of history is the ideology of Religion (in all its forms) or the ideology of Nationalism (in all its forms). I won’t join such a debate, as to me they are all as evil as each other.

I would like to say that the reason the Watchtower will not side with Christendom to address this topic is because the premise is vacuous and absurd; the typical reaction of shallow theistic squirming. But I guess the real reason is because they wouldn’t side with Christendom over anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit