The Watchtower Writers need to answer this question "Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history!"

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Isidore
    Isidore

cofty, they did what they did by NOT living their Catholic faith, not because of it. If they had practiced their faith, WWII would never have happened. Use your intelligence before making an idiotic statement.

• cofty
    cofty
    Hitler was not a Christian - AA
    By the way Hitler was a Catholic. Most of his followers were RC or Lutheran. There was nothing atheistic about the Third Reich. Admittedly he was a very bad Catholic but he was never excommunicated. - Cofty
    cofty, they did what they did by NOT living their Catholic faith, not because of it. If they had practiced their faith, WWII would never have happened. Use your intelligence before making an idiotic statement. - isidore

Perhaps you could try reading what people actually say before you insult them Isidore.

AA is trying to make some tenuous link between atheism and Hitler. There is no link.

Hitler invented his own bizarre religion but he remained a nominal Roman Catholic.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Cofty can you support your claim that Hitler was a nominal Catholic, like historical sources and actions of Hitler that demonstrate he was a follower of the Church instead of Darwin and the logial Social Darwinism that followed. If Hitler was a Catholic, why did he surround himself with Atheistic, human hating henchmen he personally promoted to their position.

Hitler demonstrated by his actions who he was a follower of, "Elimination of the weakest species plus his personal hatred of Jews from his childhood", nice try but you have not proved Hitler was a follower of the Church. Last time I checked, the Church did not promulgate the mass killings of the poor, sick, mentally ill, vagrants, gypsies, and the only connection you can reach for is the Jews.

The Church had it's collisions with the Jews but never chased them down to rid the World of them. Hunting the Jews down to rid the World of their supposely weak genetics and qualites found it's birth place in secularism and acadamia of the moral condemming philosphies of Europe, not in the Bible!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

"Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history."

And the religious people on this site wonder why atheists sometimes come on a bit too aggressive for their taste.

What does your statement have to do with the WTS?

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

As mentioned above you need a causation, not just a correlation.

Who, according to Christians is the biggest mass murderer of all?

Wait for it... Wait for it...

thats right! YHVH.

It's hard to call him a 'god of love' when his very own book makes him out to be such a prick. Do you believe the bible is a true account of history? Then it follows that you believe all of the child rapings and genocides committed under the decree of YHVH himself actually happened. How can you make such a wild claim with all of that on your side?

My world view brings me closer to humanity as a whole, not just closer to people who share the same beliefs. The men you mentioned and the things they did seem SO horrid BECAUSE they did what they did during the 20th century. In bible times they would have just been another ruler. Not excusing what they did, but your point needs to be made in context. If you limit your examples to JUST the 20th century, you intentionally take the heat off of the atrocities that have been committed in the name of The Lord or whoever the person believed in.

Not only do you not have history on your side, you don't have facts. You hugely understate the numbers who have been killed in events like the inquisition. Face it, you CANNOT win this one.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty can you support your claim that Hitler was a nominal Catholic - AA

The Christianity of Hitler revealed in his speeches and proclamations...

Quotes from Hitler's Henchmen and Nazi Sympathizers...

Hitler's religious beliefs and fanaticism- Selected quotes from Mein Kampf...

Just two examples of many on those links..

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited. - Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

We are a people of different faiths, but we are one. Which faith conquers the other is not the question; rather, the question is whether Christianity stands or falls.... We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity... in fact our movement is Christian. We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep distress of our own people. - Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Passau, 27 October 1928

In the end it doesn't matter. Your argument is a fallacy. There is no direct causation between the Nazis and either christianity or atheism. Power mad people will use whatever they can to further their goals.

Edited to add - Please correct your assertion that Francis Collins has any connection with the ID movement or that Sam Harris called him an idiot and a liar

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Evidently, the Catholic Church has been atheistic all this time.

"History revisionism is in fashion these days...."

• suavojr
    suavojr

Come on Arboles! Drop it... so called Christians has made the WT's job easier to recruit people due to their violent history in THE NAME OF GOD

• glenster
    glenster

Centric intolerance by believers and non-believers has caused the most harm.

Edit > Find > substantiation
    http://glenster1.webs.com/basics.htm

(I'm still working on the other pages.)

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Parakeet, I am asking why the Watchtower is not bold enough to take a stand with Christendom and fire back at the Angry Atheist community like Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins and the loveable (I thought he was a nice bloke) Christopher Hitchens. They can't sit on the sidelines and let the Fundie and Catholics do their job. Instead of attacking Christendom as a enemy, they need to sit down and figure out what they have in common. Time for them to stop being a coward to secularism while using fake teeth to pick on Christendom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit