The Watchtower Writers need to answer this question "Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history!"

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Prologos I think smiddy is calling Jehovah an amoral, genocidal bastard!

• besty
    besty

@Ultimate Axiom - case closed :-)

there is at least one thing that the WTS will agree with Christendom on :-)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/196/1/Preacher-Jimmy-Swaggart-and-JW-Lawyers

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Atheism as a movement has a political agenda as do many who promote it

When has 'atheism' been a movement with a political agenda?

• steve2
    steve2
    Atheism as a movement has a political agenda as do many who promote it
    When has 'atheism' been a movement with a political agenda?

Good question punkofnice. The loaded words you quote are "movement","political agenda" and the favored word of anyone who does not share the voicing of an alternative view, "promote it" (as in 'promoting an ungodly lifestyle', etc.)

I too am not aware of any atheistic "movement" that has gained any political prominence along the lines of the way in which religious movements have developed into political movements. There are secular movements and movements that do not consider themselves religious - but that does not invariably translate into athiesm.

That said, it would probably have been more helpful for the poster to have taken greater care in their wording, perhaps something along the lines of the following:

"Irreligious people can have aspirations to change society just as religious people can have. However, neither is immune from becoming so caught up in their aims that they feel "justified" in doing whatever they deem necessary to further their (probably) good intentions."

Mind you, I'd rather be pursued by a rabid athiest than a rabid theist any day (when "God" is on your side and you are doing "His" will, there's no stopping what you might do to sincerely obey "Him". The Old testament provides shuddering examples of Jehovian-directed - if not inspired - slaughter-fests).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit