Anyone else an Ex Bethel "volunteer"

by BackseatDevil 127 Replies latest jw experiences

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Backseat, your story is just as bad... the fact is they dont really care about people.

After all I was encouraged by the other tour guides to dress crappy when you were assigned to give tours because the green handshake was bigger because they felt sorry for you. The whole place is about everyone getting as much as they can on the sly. So you getting a bad haircut provided entertainment for the table the next morning they loved it... In hindsight I have no idea how I didn't kill someone.

David Ferrell my table head on my 3rd day there told me I look like Willis Drummond(Todd Bridges) from Different Strokes. THen immediately his wife said, "I think he looks more Eddie Murphyish" everyone laughed. I sat there thinking if I wasn't in this place I would literally beat the crap out of this broad.

Everytime we had a decent breakfast like Quiche Lorraine / Cinnamon Buns / etc... he would ALWAY go the direction of his wife and say, "Gotta keep the wife happy". Everyone would laugh and I would sit there thinking to myself, "Isn't this wrong in some way" LOL

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

SoSoConfused ...Your story about breakfast and the Table head.

Because JW's use the useless expression of Bro ---- and Sis ---, many JW's feel the right to treat you like their own family, and if their family or they themselves are unloving, unkind, etc., that type of behavior, along with uncalled for put downs, flourishes.

We are taught through Watchtower literature, NOT to have personal boundaries. At the door, do not take no for an answer, and since the idea from Watchtower is to push their ideas and literature and this is indoctrinated into you, over and over every week, you, like a drone, end up having a harder time with the personal boundary issues, and can end up pushing the limits of "good" etiquette.

Gayle, mentioned above, how some sister's couldn't take Beth-hell life.. I understand now, I would not have lasted a week at Beth-hell.

A childhood friend ended up marrying a Bethelite and she has now, been there many years. When she first arrived, she wrote me how unloving so many of her fellow Bethelites were. It shook her faith.

Just Lois

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

" When she first arrived, she wrote me how unloving so many of her fellow Bethelites were."

This is no surprise. There is a pecking order there that if you think you will break you are sadly mistaken

BackSeatDevil ...Thank you for sharing your book about your personal Life Story. I felt it was my privilege to read it.

((((((Hugs of Friendship-Love Concern Empathy Heartbreak)))))) Your book has it all.

Please tell us how you are now.

How is your leg that the Watchtower didn't care to fix but through their incompetence, made worse? Can you walk OK? Are you still in any pain? Did they ever apologize? Did you sue them?

Are you writing a sequel?

I would like to see your story made into a movie or mini-series. Your story was no typical stroll in the park.

My best to you, in all your endeavors.

Just Lois

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@grumblecakes Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

@sosoconfused Seriously dude, how did you not f'n kill someone?? One of my driving forces IN LIFE has always been fairness and justice. I stuck up for my roommate because how he was being treated was unfair. And that is considered wrong. The 'pecking order' is just a series of condescensions positioning all the lemmings down a continuingly narrowing spiral lined with the arrogance of each overseer, slippery from the sweat of those they have already broken. I KNOW you put a few of your stories together and you will have one scandalous book.

@LoisLane looking for Superman

How is your leg that the Watchtower didn't care to fix but through their incompetence, made worse? Can you walk OK? Are you still in any pain? Did they ever apologize? Did you sue them?

apology? no. sue them? no, NY State has one of the strictist statute of limitations on malpractice... something like 2 to 4 years. My leg is okay, it does hurt when it rains, still locks up at times... and i can feel it week with side to side movement. So I keep a brace on it when doing anything vigorous.

Are you writing a sequel?

No. A sequel would involve a lot of cocaine and mushrooms, strippers and bartenders... basically all the fun parts of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." I did write a story where I helped my best friend go though Hospice a few years back... i'm not liking the middle part of it, so I'm reworking some things.

Best to you as well and thank you again for all the nice things you said.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@LoisLane looking for Superman There is no way of editing posts... LOL. As I'm reworking my frined in Hospice story, I may give you a shout to 'test read' it. so... you've been warned. :-)

Hi BackSeatDevil, I would be honored to read anything you wrote.

I wish only happiness for you and yours.

Just Lois

• lrkr
    lrkr

I know. Trying to figure out if i know you. I was out of the single guy scene by 96- got married.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Well, Irkr... In my story I have first and last names, room numbers, job descriptions, congregation locations, and a specific elder who ruined many people's lives by the name of Bechman.

It was just two days ago I was looking through some pictures at my time at WTF and wondering if i should add them to the story. I think I might... not. Now. LOL.

• laverite
    laverite

James Backseat -

Wow, what an amazing story. I loved the writing. I read the whole thing in one sitting. This is something I could read again. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit