Anyone else an Ex Bethel "volunteer"

by BackseatDevil 127 Replies latest jw experiences

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

XBEHERE, when you were there was seniority based off baptism date or bethel service?

My time with the witnesses occurred during my childhood and ended in my early teens. I hated every minute of my time at the hall, and I can't imagine how anyone would volunteer to do anything extra for this publishing empire masquerading as a religion.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"It is a business, a very successful business, run off slave labor. And the mentality there is one of tunnel vision rote and human mechanics and it's really sad."

Yes, that is what I observed in my time there.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I was there from 97 - 99

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

We overlap timeframes! *but i was at the Farm*

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I was at Brooklyn... the fun one LOL

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

yeah. don't remind me.

Ass.

(lol)

My um "roommate" and I would train into the city at least one weekend a month (this got us in trouble of course) but we saw everything on Broadway, I went in the middle of the week to see U2's POPMART, and... this is what got us about you... bitches: you could eat ANYTHING YOU WANTED. Like every restaurant you ever wanted was there. It was the first time I tried sushi. you know what we had? PinBrrush Chinese and a smelly pizzaria.

Yes, I was always jealous of you guys.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Yes I use to eat at the ethiopian place like 5 doors down from Bossert LOL. I would go to Manhattan but if you were spotted in SoHo it was like a quick way to get sent home. I must admit I did love the fun one could have outside of the place but afterwhile you always had to remember that you had to go back to the monastery and act like nothing happened :(

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

SoHo? seriously?? That's where all the cool art was (at the time). You also had a little coffee shop on Pinapple street I think that had SUCH good coffee. Speaking of, didn't you have an "apostate" called "Mr. Coffee" that would always yell and scream outside the 124 building?

We didn't have exciting shit like that. We had deer... raming our cars. in the parking lot.

LOL.

sosoconfused thanks for engaging me. glad you're finally free. :-)

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

BSD....you have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit