Anyone else an Ex Bethel "volunteer"

by BackseatDevil 127 Replies latest jw experiences

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I was wondering if there were any other ex-bethelites on here. I personally regularly went for temporary work at Brooklyn then was assigned to the Farm for a year and a half. It was... one of the most bizaare experiences of my life.

So I wrote it all down (finally, after some 15 years) so I won't bore anyone on here with the details of the story - because bethel doesn't show up until chapter 15... and for you straight folks, it gets a bit gay in two places... but nothing gross. ANYWAY, the point is that the end result of the experiece was pretty traumatizing. It's such a different world than the local Jehovah's Witness congregation.

It is a business, a very successful business, run off slave labor. And the mentality there is one of tunnel vision rote and human mechanics and it's really sad. I wanted to know if there where any other ex-bethelites, where you worked, and how you found the experience.

-James

backseatdevil.com

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

I went to college for exactly the reason of being able to make myself useful to bethel.

I tried and tried but as a lowly sister, I got lots of callbacks but never an invitation.

Ithink if if I had, I probably would've left sooner.

I had several friends who went there and came back changed.

• clarity
    clarity

James .......bored?? No way!

Nice to have you here..... you know how much we

love the bethel stories don't you?

Bethel, to many of us was just an imagination of holy spirit,

directing the whole place...and boys & girls doing their service to god.

THE place to be!

Only the most perfect wonderful beings got to go there!

Imagine! Being in the PRESENCE of the GOVERNING BODY!!!

>

So you can see just how bat-shit crazy many of us were!

Post everything you got!!!! Besides you probably need to rant!

clarity

• bigmac
    bigmac

@backseatdevil: i certainly never served at beth-hell---thank god----but there are stax of ex-bethellites on this board---just stick around-----

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Yep.

One here.

"Served" for 12 years. Can't disclose locations (all of them), as people will link some of the stories to a specific Bethel. I'm long out, but there are, lets say, "valuable assets" still in whose cover I don't want to blow through this site.

I was a couple of times in Crooklyn, also Selters (Germany) and many other in developing countries. All together 12 years.

Shitty time.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

BluePill2 - are you kidding. I wrote a damn book. Named names, gave building numbers, and everything... I would have added Google Locations if i could have figured how to get them on the site. LOL. That place literally f'ed over my mind... and even worse... my heart.

clarity - imagination of holy spirit, directing the whole place...and boys & girls doing their service to god. Uh... no. It's a business. It's a business raking in billions of dollars completely run off slave labor. It would be Paula Deen's deam wedding if all the Volunteers where all black.

Okay, one (funny) story i did not include in backseatdevil.com is that one roommate that we had was really gross... like he would walk all the way home, take off his shoes, rub his feet, and then immediately start eating his pizza... with his hands. SOOO... (and I can't take credit for this idea) So I would flip the batteries in the TV remote backwards so when he went to turn on the tv... the remote wouldn't work. I told him to take the batteries out and rub them on his shirt... the static electricity would recharge them... just until we get new batteries. He did it and (of course) put the batteries back in the remote the correct way. the remote would work! So every once in a while i would flip the batteries around and watch him "successfully" recharge the batteries in the remote. Sometimes we would have people over.

It was probably the meanest thing I did...

• Quendi
    Quendi

I have sent you a PM, backseatdevil.

Quendi

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

THANKS & returned :-)

• tiki
    tiki

wow - backseat devil - that was one super brilliant dude with the batteries.................hahahhhhhhh

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Brooklyn 89-92

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit