Anyone else an Ex Bethel "volunteer"

by BackseatDevil 127 Replies latest jw experiences

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Um dude your story is brilliant!

These two really capture bethel life:

He is surrounded by young men in their prime, separated at the height of their final development and secluded into a ‘Branch Davidian'-type complex to do nothing but work in their place, smile for the tours, and forget about the spinning globe around them that is speeding by while they create magazines and books that are suppose to relate to the problems and concerns of the common man with common problems and offer a solution for the wicked world they have no connection with.
    Because we get our cut by a professional. Yeah, who didn't come here twenty years ago as an electrical engineer and then thrown into the barber shop as his assignment and butchered everyone's hair until he perfected the art of clippers.

I actually got called to the carpet becauser of a fucked up hair cut.

• Dagney
    Dagney

(waves to darth) Do you guys remember an underground cartoon called "Haircuts of the Bible?" It had excerpts of WT pub headshots.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Naw but I can imagine!

Its sad that the best barbers for me were the white sisters in the barbershop (another bullshit aspect of bethel placing white sisters in the barbershop to cut black mens hair and they have NEVER WORKED IN A BARBERSHOP?!?)

GAWD I am glad to be out of that ass backwards high control group!!!

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@darty if you were in Bethel there was a brother in the barbershop who was black names Aurelius Ransom. He was the only black brother who actually new how to get my hairline straight. He was incredibly smooth LOL

edit : this guy Brother Ransom

https://plus.google.com/105254163171768557235/posts

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Dagney i would LOVE to see that cartoon. lol.

darth frosty I am extremely happy to hear you're enjoying it. I really worked hard to try an harness a lot of emotion that was flying around in a completely emotionless world. so... honestly appreciate your complement. Thank you

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

HA! ransom is from Detroit I very casually knew them.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I just found out he was downsized and is now livng in West palm...

He opened a cleaning company it seems. All those years of service and they put you out on the street.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Georgetown construction, 1980.

S

• Dagney
    Dagney

Well that's a handsome couple, and a great name to boot.

I was there last in 2005, and the receptionist 124 bldg looked just like him. I over heard him talking to another worker while we were waiting for transportation, and they both were very disgruntled. The guy behind the desk said something like, "if you would have told me I'd be sitting here behind this desk 25 year down the road, I would have said you were crazy. But here I am."

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

ROFL @ Dagney. Maybe he got a job change from the barbershop when I was there.

Poor guy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit