Gerrit Loesch was at our DC today!

by goatshapeddemon 134 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

If it did, or if it didnt.... We all spent our lives in the cult and know its what they believe...

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Hey everyone, I know people are waiting and i havent forgotten. We're at my inlaws right now but I just asked them if we could pull out the mp3 player and see what we could do. My husband and I are trying as we speak. Stay tuned.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Ok folks, here's where we are: the MP3 player is an iRiver ifp-800. It's ancient. None of us have XP, which is what it's supposed to work on and my FiL doesn't have any of the original software. He's got an ancient computer that is running Vista i think (that literally can't bring up google its got so much #^%* malware on it). So we're going to try to get it back to a place where it can run, so we can download the drivers, so we can get the program to run, so we can access the data on the device which is currently not bring read at all.

If not, we'll try to find the audio document (which to this point we havent been able to do) and play it from the MP3 player into the computer microphone and create a new file.

Needless to say, I'm incredibly frustrated and if anyone has any ideas, I'm open.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for the update GSD!

Cedars

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

goatshapeddemon >>> Perhaps this will help:

iFP-800 Manual: (pdf, 2.5 MB)

iriver Music Manager V3.17 for iFP: http://download.iriverchina.com/iriver_pds/Manager_V317.zip

It's a slow connection (copy & paste the web address to your browser). Should it not work, I can send the zip file to you be email, or upload it to 4shared - if you want.

iriver Music Manager V3.17 instructions: here

iriver USB driver: ftp://ftp2.nix.ru/download/drivers/only_from_www.nix.ru/cd-mp3/iriver/ifp/iriverumsdriver.zip

I would love to hear what GL had to whine about in detail.

Please make it work and upload it to e.g. sendspace.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

OMG, that's sickening. When they should be utterly ashamed of themselves and "ripping their outer garments" to coin a biblical expression over all the culpability and cover-ups the Watchtower leadership is grossly guilty of for its disgraceful and ongoing liability on paedophilia, here this sick man is coming out trying to defend paedophiles. Not only that, he is trying to demonize those who are exposing and seeking justice and reform over it.!!!

What more proof is needed that this is a truly SICK religion to the core, controlled by WICKED and MORALLY TWISTED men.

All JW parents with young children, take them and run for your life as fast as you can away from this wicked cult and its demented leaders.

SHAME ON YOU GERRIT LOESCH...IF THERE IS A HELL MAY YOU ROT IN IT FOREVER!!!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Quite sickening.

Bangalore

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I can just picture the Legal Department scrambling to initiate damage control after hearing that...

Just goes to show; the more threatened an authoritarian high control group feels (justifiably or otherwise), the more "WTF-were-they-thinking" actions it will take.

I swear, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Vid,

Just goes to show; the more threatened an authoritarian high control group feels (justifiably or otherwise), the more "WTF-were-they-thinking" actions it will take.
    I swear, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion...

They are facing a crisis in their delusional wishful thinking that has the possiblity of crashing into reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking

Christopher Booker described wishful thinking in terms of

“the fantasy cycle” ... a pattern that recurs in personal lives, in politics, in history – and in storytelling. When we embark on a course of action which is unconsciously driven by wishful thinking, all may seem to go well for a time, in what may be called the “dream stage”. But because this make-believe can never be reconciled with reality, it leads to a “frustration stage” as things start to go wrong, prompting a more determined effort to keep the fantasy in being. As reality presses in, it leads to a “nightmare stage” as everything goes wrong, culminating in an “explosion into reality”, when the fantasy finally falls apart

As a fallacy [edit]

In addition to being a cognitive bias and a poor way of making decisions, wishful thinking is commonly held to be a specific informal fallacy in an argument when it is assumed that because we wish something to be true or false, it is actually true or false. This fallacy has the form "I wish that P is true/false, therefore P is true/false." [ 3 ] Wishful thinking, if this were true, would rely upon appeals to emotion, and would also be a red herring. [citation needed]

Wishful thinking may cause blindness to unintended consequences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'd never read that before; thanks, Frankie.

It should give pause to those who are skeptical that the WTS could ever disintegrate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit